We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salar or trekking near Le Paz?Help us choose

Which Bolivia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, England
reviews: 4
Salar or trekking near Le Paz?Help us choose

Here is our dilemma. We are traveling with our three teenagers ages 16,18, 21 and have 1 week in Bolivia en route from Peru to Brazil. We were planning to split our time between Ile de Sol, Le Paz and doing one of the Inca trails into the Yunga valley. We have since heard everyone raving about the Salar d'Uyuni trips. It sounds wonderful but I am a bit put off by all that traveling and we would miss out on trekking etc. Has anyone done both options and can you help us choose? We need to decide before we get to Le Paz because I will need to cancel a flight if we opt for Salar

Calgary, Canada
1. Re: Salar or trekking near Le Paz?Help us choose

We did both the Choro trek and a 3-day Salar tour from San Pedro to Uyuni. Both trips were good, but each has very different scenery--I was more impressed with that on the salar tour though. It is a bit out of your way to visit. With only a week in Bolivia, it might be a bit of a stretch.

2. Re: Salar or trekking near Le Paz?Help us choose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 03, 2009