We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New years hotel availability

Which Punta del Este hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 19
New years hotel availability

The plan was to stay in Punta a few days around the new years, but of course now there is not a room to come by as far as my online searches reveal.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do, such as private apartment rentals etc?

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
reviews: 14
1. Re: New years hotel availability

Contact all the real estate agencies in Punta that you can find on line, and ask if they have anything for your dates. Your chances of a decent apartment for "a few days" are slim. Apartments normally rent for three periods -- the period Christmas Or 2-3 days before) to January 10, the first two weeks of January and then the second two weeks, or the full month of January. A friend got an apartment for 4 days right after New Year's about a week ago, but paid a ridiculous price for it, probably close to three times (per day) what he would have paid had he rented it for two weeks. The better properties for the New Year's period rent out about 8-12 months in advance.

Montevideo, Uruguay
reviews: 3
2. Re: New years hotel availability

What Punta Lugano said its correct. Maybe it will be cheaper to rent an apartment for 15 days (although you stay there less) than for 3 or 4 days. When do you need it? how many days?

London, United...
3. Re: New years hotel availability

Thank for the replies. This seems expensive either way.

How about nearby hotels, say within a 30 min taxi ride? Or if I rent a car 1 hour will be fine.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 2
4. Re: New years hotel availability

Wireless, another option is apartment rentals, you can look at sites such as: ownerdirect.com/accommodations/puntadeleste.…

I hope that helps

David

London, United...
5. Re: New years hotel availability

Thanks.

How about room rentals in private homes, is that a possibility and where would one find out about it?

Montevideo, Uruguay
reviews: 3
6. Re: New years hotel availability

Rooms for rent will be hard to find. I don't know anybody who rent rooms.

I know many people who rent their apartments but not less than 10 - 15 days.

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
reviews: 14
7. Re: New years hotel availability

Wireless, there's a guy named Michael Koh who started a short-term apartment rental company in Buenos Aires a few years ago and now is starting one in Punta del Este. The web site is www.puntarealestate.com. You could also email him at mike@apartmentsba.com. Michael is a real go-getter, making quite a name for himself, and if anyone can find you a short-term apartment, he should be the one. On hotels, from what I've been reading in the local press the last few days my guess is that there are still rooms here and there; instead of relying on web sites, you might call the places directly. You could also check in Piriapolis, which is another resort, really quite nice, about 30 minutes up the coast toward Montevideo from Punta del Este.

Amsterdam
8. Re: New years hotel availability

Hay, I don't know with how many you are travelling but I'm renting a hotelroom and I'm still looking for someone to take over the room from the 4th of january till the 7th (or longer if you want).

The minimum stay was 7 days and we'll only be able to stay 4 days.

It;s a room for 2 or 3 (a queen bed and a extra bed), so if interested, let me know

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 2
9. Re: New years hotel availability

I have a friend that has an apartment and is still available for new year's, if interested let me know.

Calhoun, Georgia
reviews: 26
10. Re: New years hotel availability

Punta

Thanks for the info concerning Mike Koh and Uruguay. It fills in some blanks for me concerning some of his comments made after I reported we were robbed in Montevideo.