We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

days in Punta del Este?

Which Punta del Este hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 1
days in Punta del Este?

hi! I am planning on traveling to Punta in late February. Im hoping it still summer-time, but what is a realistic amount of time to enjoy the town. My husband and I will be traveling, and we're in our early 30's. 2 days? 3 days? Planning on flying into Montevideo. Any suggestions for new travelers to this area?

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
reviews: 14
1. Re: days in Punta del Este?

That's the very end of the season. Many seasonal restaurants will already be closed. Two days should be enough. Try to take in a sunset from Punta Ballena, and get to Jose Ignacio to have lunch at La Huella, on the beach. This assumes you will have a car, which is necessary to enjoy the area.

Punta del Este
2. Re: days in Punta del Este?

If carnival falls in February, that's the second busiest time of the season after NYE. Everything will be open. Flying into Montevideo early in the day gives you the chance to see the city and decide if you want to stay one day, otherwise lunch at mercado del puerto and a scenic tour of the city will be more than enough. The good thing about Montevideo in summer is that is very comfortable to drive around cos the city is empty. If you don't like to drive overseas, taxi fares are pretty cheap. 2 or 3 days in Punta would be enough to relax, sunbathe and tour the area.

3. Re: days in Punta del Este?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 20, 2013