We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Del Este - Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Which Punta del Este hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seaside Heights...
reviews: 97
Punta Del Este - Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

I am coming to Punta Del Esta for Christmas Eve and Christmas day via a cruise ship.

Can anyone tell me where the cruise ship tender docks? What is near it?

What would you recommend for Christmas Eve? Will anything be open? Is there a place to walk around? Is it near where the cruise ship tender arrives?

Christmas Day we would like to visit a beach that has snorkeling and some type of shade. Do you have any suggestions?

I am excited for my first trip to Uruguay and I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you!

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
reviews: 14
1. Re: Punta Del Este - Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

There are two docks. One is right in the middle of town, at the port. The other is about a half mile from downtown, but easy walking distance. Everything will be open until early evening on Christmas Eve, and most places open normally by noon on Christmas Day. Snorkeling is not big in the area; your best bet is to ask the cruise director on your cruise ship for advice. The beaches do not have shade.

Seaside Heights...
reviews: 97
2. Re: Punta Del Este - Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Thank you so much for your reply and the information. Can you recommend a beach where we could rent chairs and an umbrella for the day? Since their is no snokeling, we would look for a nice swimming beach. Also, how would be get there? Can we walk from the dock or do we need to taxi? If taxi, do you know the cost?

Thank you!

Punta del Este
3. Re: Punta Del Este - Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

From either dock the tender drops you, it's a short walk. If you take a look at a google map you'll see Punta del Este is a peninsula, hence the beaches are on each side, on one side the Atlantic side, playa Brava. On the other side the calm River Plate, playa Mansa.

4. Re: Punta Del Este - Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 06, 2013