We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla de los Lobos /Punta del Este

Which Punta del Este hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki
Isla de los Lobos /Punta del Este

Hi,

We will visit Montevideo in February 2010 for one week but would love to see the sea lions on Isla de los Lobos near Punta del Este as well.

We would be grateful for any information on the journey from Montevideo to Punta del Este as well as on the possibility to take a boat tour over to Isla de los Lobos. Any boat tours arranged from Punta del Este and whom to contact?

Thanks a lot already in advance!

NYC, NY
reviews: 40
1. Re: Isla de los Lobos /Punta del Este

Does anyone have a little more information on this boat trip to the sea lions? Does it take most of a day or, just a few hours? It leaves from the harbor in PDE? And, is it worth the time? Thanks.

URUGUAY
reviews: 1
2. Re: Isla de los Lobos /Punta del Este

Hello!

There's tours from Punta del Este to Isla de Lobos every few hours. You have to go to the port of Punta del Este, and you're going to see that there's a plattform facing the water where you can find places to make this trip. Boats arrives from the port also.

If you have more doubts on what to do there, just ask me -I live in Punta del Este almost all the year-.

Enjoy Uruguay!!

New Jersey
reviews: 32
3. Re: Isla de los Lobos /Punta del Este

Claudia - do any of the boat tours that go to Isla de los Lobos have websites? Do you know the cost of the trip? Thanks for your help.

URUGUAY
4. Re: Isla de los Lobos /Punta del Este

Hi!!

According on what i saw in clubdeturistas.com.uy/itinerarios/turismoenp…

the estimated cost of the trip is USD 40 each person.

I think the prizes are all the same, all the transporters have the same travel with the same cost (all the owners of the ships are associated in a group to not to have differences between them).

Welcome to Uruguay!!

NYC, NY
reviews: 40
5. Re: Isla de los Lobos /Punta del Este

Gracias Claudia,

The website you attached is very helpful. Yes, the tour is $40 US and it seems to be about two hours. Perfecto. We would love to go see some sea lions. Thanks. RK

New Jersey
reviews: 32
6. Re: Isla de los Lobos /Punta del Este

Claudia - thanks so much for the tourist link. There's a lot of great information. We'll be in Uruguay next month!

URUGUAY
7. Re: Isla de los Lobos /Punta del Este

I'm glad you like the site!! If you need any help or have doubts when you are planning the trip or are here, don't be afraid of write me a mail.

claudiamartinez2007@gmail.com.

Have a great time in Uruguay!!! And enjoy Isla de Lobos!!!! ;)

8. Re: Isla de los Lobos /Punta del Este

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, July 21, 2010