We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AD / Al Ain Help

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Douglas, United...
reviews: 27
AD / Al Ain Help

I am taking my wife and two young children to Al ain in october for a week in the sun, can anybody help me with the following questions:

1.) What is there to see and do in Al Ain ?

2.) I can only really afford the one round taxi trip to either Dubai or Abu Dhabi, so where do I go ?

I would love to see Abu Dhabi, but unsure what attractions it would hold for us, where as dubai from experience has great shopping, great food and fantastic parks to walk through.

Advice please.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 24
1. Re: AD / Al Ain Help

Hi Taffyboy

We just returned from 2 weeks in the UAE in the middle of August.

We were based in Dubai but relatives took us to Al Ain for the day. We went out into the desert there as the sand is red and dunes big.

We also went to visit a museum, and an oasis. We spent a few days in Abu Dhabi and it is beautiful totally different from Dubai very green but my gut feeling is if you have kids to go into Dubai for a trip. I know you said you could only afford one trip but taxis are dirt cheap and you could maybe find out about some local buses and see if any run to the cities. They are even cheaper.

2. Re: AD / Al Ain Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:02 am, August 28, 2006
3. Re: AD / Al Ain Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, August 18, 2009