We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Involved

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Getting Involved

Hi,

I am moving to Abu Dhabi for 6 months to work. I want to get involved and meet people while I am over there and I am thinking about joining some sports clubs. Is there any recommendations, I am planning to do some scuba diving lessons.

any thoughts or websites that I can visit that gives activities and clubs?

4 replies to this topic
Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
reviews: 7
1. Re: Getting Involved

It is good idea to join any sports club who have sports you are interested in.

Have you checked the Water Sports section Things to do in Abu Dhabi menu here. There are 5 good diving companies listed are having good reviews.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294013-Activiti…

Edited: 9:41 am, April 21, 2014
Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Getting Involved

for diving look up ocean dive centre, al mahara diving and emirates divers all of which are AD based with their own faiclities. I use Ocean the most as i get a discount and theyre a good setup but i would say AL Mahara are the best overall setup in AD.

sports wise take a look at Haddins facilities at Zayed SPorts City, they have a very active facebook page. ZSC is also the home of the HArlequins rugby team, the HAddins Expat Football League, Haddins Athletics, Boot Camps, Gyms etc

muscat, oman
reviews: 17
3. Re: Getting Involved

Buy a copy of Time Out. It lists most sports, clubs, etc

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 65
4. Re: Getting Involved

Are you on Facebook? If so look up the group Abu Dhabi Dudes. I bet the fellas will welcome you and give you a few ideas for things to get involved in! Also, check out Yas Beach as there are a lot of water sports type activities run from there http://www.yasbeach.ae as well as the Corniche, of course!

Reply to: Getting Involved
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted