We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biggest concentration of restaurants

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 12
Biggest concentration of restaurants

Hi

I was just wondering which area in Abu Dhabi has the largest varity of restaurants?

Also is it possible to easily walk into another hotels restaurant, ie are the restaurants entrances seperate to the mains entrance?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
reviews: 6
1. Re: Biggest concentration of restaurants

It depends kind of cuisine you prefer.

1) You can find many good quality restaurants inside the Hotels.

2) You can find variety of restaurants in the Food Courts of various Malls (Abu Dhabi Mall, Al Wahda Mall, Khalidiya Mall, etc)

3) With regard to independent restaurants, you can find Arab, Chinese, Indian restaurants every where.

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 33
2. Re: Biggest concentration of restaurants

I echo what Jeya B has said about restaurants everywhere on Abu Dhabi Island.

Best choice of mall restaurants (as opposed to food court cafes/outlets) is probably Al Wahda Mall in my opinion. Nearest hotel is The Millennium Al Wahda.

The area I would suggest for hotel and hotel-standard restaurants is Bain Al Jessrain (hotels Shangri-La, Traders, Fairmont and Souk at Qaryat Al Beri). These are walking distance of each other and serve alcohol. But generally speaking outside the hotels you cannot get alcohol with your meal.

I am intrigued at the your second question and why it might be important to you. Generally hotel restaurants do not have separate entrances to hotels but there are a few with separate entrances (where you don't have to go through the hotel) including: Trader Vic's (Beach Rotana), Vasco's (Hilton), Hakkasan (Emirates Palace) and most restaurants at Le Meridien.

UK
reviews: 12
3. Re: Biggest concentration of restaurants

Thank you for for both of your responses.

Appreciate the information.

To answer your question, the reason I ask is because when I usually go on holiday there are touristy squares where there are lots of restaurant and its easy to sit down and eat. Or in Dubai there is the area al-mina (I think) which has a variety of restaurants and can choose what you fancy.

Also on occasions where I've been to other destinations, when I've gone into a hotel I've been asked if I am staying at the hotel. But I guess it's different here as it seems more accessible and acceptable to enter the hotel to attend the restaurant rather than feel uneasy entering the hotel thinking security will take me down!!

Rgds

Dazzle

Reply to: Biggest concentration of restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted