We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in ABu Dhabi

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
aberdeen
Where to stay in ABu Dhabi

I am going to Abu Dhabi in September to get married in St andrews centre. I want to make sure I am not disappointed in the hotel accommodation. Which hotel is the best? There may be 16 of us (only one 2 year old) the rest mostly 30 somethings. Staying for 8 nights. We were looking at the Sheraton resort and towers, Le Meridien, Le Royal Meridien and the Millenium but are open to suggestions. We are planning on getting our engagement and wedding rings while here - where is the best place to go? I read in another forum that the gold souk on Hamdan St is closing down? We want somewhere that has it all (doesn't everyone!). One question was about the beaches, having been to Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Jumeriah Beach Dubai (which was out of this world) will I be disappointed by the beach and views from Abu Dhabi coastline? Also is the Sheraton right on the beach or do you have to cross the Corniche road to get there? Finally I've read a lot of reviews saying that the service in Le Meridien is poor and staff are rude is this true. Thanks for all replies!!!

abu dhabi
1. Re: Where to stay in ABu Dhabi

Hi there!

The Beach Rotana has recently been refurbished, has some great restaurants and is on the beach - but the beach view isnt that great. The best beach in town has always been thought to be the Intercontinental Hotel - the hotel doesnt look that appealling from the outside, but the view from the beach and from the pool are probably the best you'll get in town - the pool is on the 2nd (I think) floor and overlooks the marina - some fancy yachts there!

The Old Souk closes on 1st March - will be demolished and rebuilt but the rebuilding will take a while, I'd have thought. Still, there are other gold shops in that area, all of which you can haggle in and get decent bargains. Diamonds here are about 1/3rd cheaper than in the UK - but get an antwerp certified one from a reputable shop - DAMAS is the local chain to look for to be safe.

Hope this helps...

London
2. Re: Where to stay in ABu Dhabi

I am due to stay at Le Meridian in Abu Dhabi but I have read loads of awful reviews about it. I don't mind if the beach isn't long, but if it is shallow and yucky then I won't be very happy. SHall i change my booking? I am getting a great deal but still don't want to go all that way and be disapointed.