We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

I am visiting Abu Dhabi with Family (wife and 4-year old son); and have 4 days (reaching 5th Dec night and leaving on 9th Dec night).

We are thinking about spending 2 days in Abu Dhabi and 2 days in Dubai.

We are thinking about visiting Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Emirates Palace and some other sites during one of the two days we spend Abu Dhabi; and visiting Ferrari world the second day.

During our two days in Dubai, we plan to visit Burj Khalifa, take Desert Safari tour, Bur Dubai Abra dock and Dubai Fountains.

We are looking for recommendations for attractions (either confirm what we plan to do is good or suggest better alternatives) and things to do during our visit.

Thanks in advance for your time and responses. :)

Germany
1. Re: 4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

In Dubai, you might want to check out the Burj Al Arab, the world's tallest hotel. It's one of the main attractions there. You can also pay a visit to the Man-Made Islands, it's actually pretty awesome. Hope you'll enjoy your stay there.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 70
2. Re: 4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

With the time you have available your plan sounds OK. The desert safari will take up a lot of time, approximately 3.30-10.30pm so you should plan to see the Dubai Fountain on your other evening in Dubai. This will be combined with Burj Khalifa as they are right next to each other.

As suggested above, you may want to see the Burj al Arab (no longer the world's tallest hotel, btw) but given your time restrictions I'd say get a taxi to the outside, have a look and take some photos while the taxi waits rather than go inside. To see the inside you need to having a booking for afternoon tea, breakfast, dinner, drinks package, spa etc. It's not worth it in the short time you have.

Likewise, I'd forget about seeing the manmade islands (the Palm Jumeirah and the World), there are better things to see if you only have two days - the things you've already mentioned.

abu dhabi
reviews: 94
3. Re: 4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

In AD, definitely do the mosque, tours in the morning ( except Friday) are worth it. Yas Island for lunch- you can drive the track- it is awesome, and a once in a lifetime option. Kids are welcome in all places and restaurants so don't search for specifically kid friendly options, the whole town loves children. If you fly with Etihad, check out their abu dhabi essentials options there are lots of discounts on hotels, restaurants and hotel day passes ( on Yas island for example at the Radisson and Crowne Plaza which both have kids pools) Hang onto your boarding passes, I think there is website for abu dhabi essentials and there is also info on the Etihad website somewhere.

Waterparks in Dubai are a must - Atlantis or Wild Wadi - especially with your little one! You can also ski indoors at the mall of the emirates, worth it just for the experience of skiing in the desert! Kids allowed there too. I have taken my 4 year old and she loved it!

Dallas, Texas
4. Re: 4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

Man-made islands --- can we drive there by taxi? Or are there other alternatives that are better?

Dallas, Texas
5. Re: 4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

What is the best way to book desert safari? any recommendations? my travel agent has offered to book one for 110 AEd per person? Is that reasonable? Are there some companies/operators that are better than others?

Also, I have seen some deals on www.cobone.com - is this a good websiter for purchasing deals? i've seen some hotel packages as well on this site for Dubai and Abu Dhabi which look attractive.

I researched Abu Ahabi essentials options and I can make use of discounts on restaurants and some activities, but the hotel packages they offer are only valid till Dec 1, 2012. :(

We will be coming from USA and therefore will have a lot of luggage (Two 23 KG bags per person and one hand-bag --- so total of 6 big and 3-4 small bags). What is the best and reasonable way to get to Dubai hotel from Abu Dhabi and return with so much luggage? We are traveling on Etihad, but I am not sure if we can take Etihad Express Coach after staying for first 2 days in Abu Dhabi.

chennai
reviews: 14
6. Re: 4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

HI , i am planning a holiday to abu dhabi in january 2013 with my husband for the first time. all your guidance and suggestions are needed. will highly appreciate.

pl help me plan my trip..

Oslo, Norway
reviews: 51
7. Re: 4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

the desert safari cost seems to be good. but make sure it has transfer to and from the hotel, dinner, belly dance show and a desert bike ride, camel back ride, and sand boarding. its quiet cold in the desert specially during evenings so do carry a jacket.

to travel from abu dhabi to dubai you can take a taxi and it will charge you somewhere around 250 dhs one way. its fast and reliable or you can take the bus to dubai or ibn battuta mall, dubai from the main bus station, abu dhabi. and then a taxi from there to your hotel in dubai. the buses provide ample storage space for luggage.

yupp cobone is a reliable site featuring good deals you may purchase deals from there. its a good option.

Oslo, Norway
reviews: 51
8. Re: 4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

you can also add a visit to the ferrari world in abu dhabi, if you are a fan of cars and speed , the kid can also enjoy the place.

chennai
reviews: 14
9. Re: 4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

thank you so much

Wellington, New...
reviews: 9
10. Re: 4 Days in Abu Dhabi and Dubai - Attractions and things to do

how was your trip? We'll be doing something similar next year, arriving Dubai, 2 full days there, then bus\taxi to Abu Dhabi early on 3rd day, and stay 2 nights in AD. Did you taxi about AD and out to Ferrari World? Did you take the Etihad bus? I would have thought that only left from the airport.