We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rolex watch

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bonnyrigg, Scotland
reviews: 19
Rolex watch

Visiting AD in November. My husband is interested in purchasing a Rolex watch, I'm presuming we will get it cheaper in AD than in the UK?? Any recommendations as to where to go if that is the case?

Dubai
reviews: 10
1. Re: Rolex watch

Why do you think it will be cheaper in AD than in the UK, because it is rarely the case as a result of the exchange rate and high costs over here. Just because we do not pay tax does not make things cheaper here.

Luxury goods in my experience are cheaper in the UK and then for me even cheaper because I claim the VAT back as well

If you want to buy a Rolex look at buying from a UK airport

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 212
2. Re: Rolex watch

I agree with BlightyinDubai. Prices of luxury brand goods in UAE are nearly always cheaper in the UK.

Edited: 1:03 pm, July 19, 2012
Bonnyrigg, Scotland
reviews: 19
3. Re: Rolex watch

Thanks for the advice, I've obviously been mis-informed!

UK it is!

Bansko, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah, Bansko
reviews: 92
4. Re: Rolex watch

I suggest you get prices for the Rolex model in UK and then go into a couple of the authorised dealers in Dubai to compare prices and remember to barter. I did the same last year in both UK and Dubai (malls and duty free) cheapest by about 300Pounds was in Deira city centre authorised dealer.

Fee

Batumi, Georgia
reviews: 4
5. Re: Rolex watch

Be careful in Deira. It is awash with Roleks (misspelling deliberate)

C_B

Bansko, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah, Bansko
reviews: 92
6. Re: Rolex watch

Names of the Authorised Rolex dealers you can check on the Rolex website and you will receive the guarantee paperwork from the shop.

Fee

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 8
7. Re: Rolex watch

Ahmed Seddiqui & sons are the authorized agency for Rolex in Dubai

Cardiff, United...
8. Re: Rolex watch

Its much cheaper in the U.K just came back myself from a 2 week stay looking for another rolex submariner and i can get it cheaper by 15% in the U.K P.M me for details of the dealer i use

Oslo, Norway
reviews: 52
9. Re: Rolex watch

i dont know about the price difference in uk and abu dhabi but just in case there is some then these are the places you can buy it from - rolex store in khalidiya mall and abu dhabi mall

Lake District
reviews: 9
10. Re: Rolex watch

Would anyone know where the Rolex Service Centre is in the middle of town? We have been there before but cannot remember the name of the street. It was a store by itself and there is a workshop in the upstairs bit where they do all the servicing in a couple of days. We were quoted 16 weeks for servicing in the UK!