We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 hrs in AD - Desert Safari

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
24 hrs in AD - Desert Safari

My partner and I've got exactly 24 hours to see AD and a half day desert safari would be something we would like to do. I'm wondering if the hotel can arrange this upon arrival for us, or we should prebook the safari with a tour..how should I go about doing this ?

Minimally, it should include dune bashing, camel rides and a nice dinner. Can someone recommend me a tour that can offer the best experience ? The only one that is on the trip advisor tour review page seem to be 'Emirates Adventures Tours and Safaris Day Tours', seems okay but more options would be great.

We haven't decided on a hotel yet, maybe the Emirates Palace. Good choice ? This is all going to take place on a Friday, in August.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 3
1. Re: 24 hrs in AD - Desert Safari

Emirates Palace is a very nice hotel, gives you a chance to see the same place from close quarters; and adjoining corniche. No need to book desert safari in advance. Can do after you arrive. Google Abudhabui desert safari and you get many. Most packages from different companies end up providing the same experience, not too much difference. Trust you know you are landing in the thick of Ramadan month, so most likely the desert safari would exclude belly dancing. Abudhabi tends to be a bit conservative overall, compared to Dubai. You will of course get food inside the hotel all times.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: 24 hrs in AD - Desert Safari

Just read the Ramadan guide on TA. Does this mean that dinner in the desert would not be allowed too ?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 3
3. Re: 24 hrs in AD - Desert Safari

Desert (if you meant the Safari) - you will be provided dinner, since dinner time at the desert camp would be after sunset prayer time, and they would have broken the fast.

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 212
4. Re: 24 hrs in AD - Desert Safari

You are not usually forced to fast in daytime for a desert safari. Also they tend to leave your hotel later in the afternoon due to the high temperatures (it has reached 48.5C here this week). All cars are air conditioned so it is not as bad as it sounds... Your hotel concierge can arrange a desert safari for you on arrival. The only difference doing a desert safari in Ramadan is there is no music and dancing at the desert camp.

5. Re: 24 hrs in AD - Desert Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:23 pm, July 26, 2012
6. Re: 24 hrs in AD - Desert Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 21, 2013