We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
reviews: 27
Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

We have seen some tours advertised for day trips - but is it more economical and just as easy to take the bus from Dubai - Abu Dhabi - our must sees are the White Mosque and the Presidential Palace.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 55
1. Re: Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

The bus will only cost you 40 dirhams round trip per person. Then you'll have to add on cost of taxi to/from bus stop in Dubai and to the two things you want to see in AD. I think it would be more economical to take the bus than go on a tour but somebody familiar with taxi fares in AD should be able to give you more specific info.

Bus info here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294012-i871-k4722…

The 'White Mosque' you refer to is the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, tours here are free.

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 213
2. Re: Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

I agree with Kali. Local bus/taxi fares in AD will still be more economical than a tour cost. Doing it yourself is not difficult and adds to the adventure!

As for "Presidential Palace" that is not open to visitors and it cannot even be photographed from outside. I can't think why anyone would want to see it though. A new presidential palace is currently under construction. You may be confusing it with "Emirates Palace" which is a hotel and conference centre, one of Abu Dhabi's iconic buildings. ILME

Edited: 11:24 am, August 18, 2011
Auckland Region...
reviews: 27
3. Re: Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

Thanks for this....we have found one City Tour - Abu Dhabi City Sightseeing Tour - by - dxbrooms.com/Tours/tr_abu_dhabi_city_tour.as…

Has anyone used this company - I can't find any reviews for them on Trip Advisor. Thanks

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 25
4. Re: Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

hi ,

Take a bus to Abu Dhabi , costs you 30 dhs round trip .Get off the bus at the " Carrefour " stop cause its the closest to the Grand mosque , am guessing 10 dhs by taxi . the tour of grand mosque takes about an hour , and you can spend time there .Avoid Fridays as it is closed for prayers.

next you can take a cab from the mosque to Emirates Palace hotel , if thats where you want to go . . its a bit of a ride, costs around 40 dhs or so by cab.

Do not forget to take pictures with the GOLD Vending machine at the lobby of Emirates palace.

The other thing which you can do is hop on the big bus , they have day packages and are highly recommended.

bigbustours.com/eng/abudhabi/custompage.aspx…

Cheers,

5. Re: Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

Question about buses..

Where do I get on a bus in Dubai to travel to Abu Dhabi? Also, does anyone how late the buses run?

Another question: How far is ferrai world from emirates palace, and estimated cost by taxi?

Dubai
reviews: 1
6. Re: Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

There is a bus station in Bur Dubai near Carrefour supermarket but you can also pick up a bus from Ibn Battuta metro station. These are not the same buses though. Wherever you are dropped, there will be taxis waiting. From Dubai, if you go from Bur Dubai, there is no real timetable the bus goes when it's considered to be full. From Ibn Battuta, it's every two hours I believe. This is also nearer to Abu Dhabi so the journey time is shorter.

Abu Dhabi, United...
7. Re: Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

The Emirates Express stop in Bur Dubai is called Al Ghubaiba bus station and on a map it is found near the tunnel under Dubai Creek.

Here is the timetable link:

rta.ae/wpsv5/…E102Both.pdf

Ferrari World is at Yas Island about half an hour on mainly fast roads in the direction of Dubai from Emirates Palace and taxi cost is about 50 Dirhams each way. ILME

8. Re: Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

Thank you for your help!!

Abu Dhabi, United...
9. Re: Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

I believe the Al Ghubaiba metro station opened this week.

Abu dhabi
reviews: 1
10. Re: Dubai - Abu Dhabi Day Trip

You can have a guided tour in the Zayed Garand Mosque by Professionals for Free .

check the website

http://szgmc.ae/en/tours#free

have a nice trip