We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

travel

Jammu City, India
travel

Is it safe to travel Syria in April,2011 as i am Indian citizen

London UK
reviews: 25
1. Re: travel

!. Keep your eye on the news. The disturbances appear to be highly localised and have not attracted much support.

2. Check the travel advice on the Indian Foreign Affairs website or the British FCO website, fco.gov.uk/en/…syria

Chicago
2. Re: travel

Read this. The protest are clearly not localized, and they seem to be growing. Says police beat 200 protesters in Damascus with Batons. Thousands marching everywhere else in the country.

…wsj.com/article/…

3. Re: travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:13 pm, April 02, 2011
Chicago
4. Re: travel

Wow, things are really escalating fast. The cover of the wall street journal said more than 50,000 people were protesting in Daraa and the government opened fire on some people. Supposedly the only reason Damascus hasn't had protests is because police are cracking down really hard on any protesters in Damascus. read below.

…wsj.com/article/…

Aqaba, Jordan
reviews: 7
5. Re: travel

I mistook you for shoeshine on another topic : (

you have posted more than a few times on the forum,, and one of them was cancelling your trip.

you have also been posting links to news agencies.

my question;

do wish or intend to visit Syria?? otherwise,,,,,,, sling your hook....

ciao

Damascus, Syria
Destination Expert
for Damascus
reviews: 27
6. Re: travel

Personally I agree with westlondonerW5.

I wish people would not take for granted the exagerated reports

in the Press which are mostly unsubstantial

In general life is going on as usual in Damascus.

P.S. I wonder why ChiShane posted the same link TWICE??!!

Edited: 7:39 pm, March 25, 2011
Chicago
7. Re: travel

You are right. These reports are exaggerated. There are no protests in Syria.

Tehran, Iran
reviews: 8
8. Re: travel

I guess its very simple auntee . ChiShane is simply American

9. Re: travel

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:15 pm, April 02, 2011
10. Re: travel

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, October 28, 2012