We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing Planes in Doha

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 26
Changing Planes in Doha

I am booked on a flight from london to Hong Kong, with a connection through Doha.

I have 50 minutes from landing to take off.

Is it possible to make this connection in the time available ?

Mandurah, Australia
reviews: 8
1. Re: Changing Planes in Doha

If you have checked all your luggage through to Hong Kong then you should be fine, as long as your flight is not delayed.

Hong Kong
2. Re: Changing Planes in Doha

The only hurdle is the security checks which may need queueing up to 30 minutes. The airport is very compact which you can arrive at any gate in 5 minutes.

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 41
3. Re: Changing Planes in Doha

Steve, it is a small airport and compact. We have been in transit there quite a few times. The only problem we had was a couple of years ago on an hour stop-over in Doha en-route from Dubai to Heathrow. Our luggage was checked straight through which was just as well as the security guy was veing very zealous and making just about everyone empty their bags out and then re-scanning them. We just got through security to hear our names being called out on the "final call"

Position yourself beside the doors on the transit bus and try to get to the front of the security queue.

UK
reviews: 5
4. Re: Changing Planes in Doha

I take it that you will be flying with Qatar Airways? I used the same flight to HK in october last year with no problems. As a regular visitor to the middle east on business (eg last year Dubai x6, Bahrain x3) i mostly use Qatar Airways and have yet to have a problem with connections. Your luggage will get a rapid transfer tag and the gates are next to your arrival point as the terminal is very small - but good!

5. Re: Changing Planes in Doha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 20, 2009