We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living in Qatar

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Living in Qatar

Hi, My husband are in the UK at the moment and he had a job offer in Qatar, I am 4 months pregnant and I a bit worried about the hospital, accomodation etc. Any advice would very much appreciated.

Mandurah, Australia
reviews: 8
1. Re: Living in Qatar

I am Australian and a mother of 4 children. The last two I had here. My first was in a private hospital, and my husband could be present for the birth and even cut the umbilical cord. It was allright (Doha Clinic, Dr Meha)

Second one I gave birth at the Government Hospital (Hamad) as I had complications. This hospital is ok ... but husband is definately not allowed to be present at delivery. Would probably not recommend going here for your first baby. It's a bit of an administrative nightmare too.

There is a new hospital that has just opened called Al Ali (sp?) near TV Roundabout. It's getting pretty good reviews.

There are lots of playgroups and mothers group for you. There isa great newsletter that goes out monthly called Mums the Word that would have some good info for you, especially being new. I could forward you a copy if you provide your email.

Also, there is a British Embassy here for you, so it's quite a simple procedure registering the birth and getting a British passport.

Another good website for you to check out is www.expatwoman.com do a search, there's been a lot written about hospitals and pregnancies.

Good Luck. Great place here to bring up young kids. Just the driving is crazy, so be warned. :-)

2. Re: Living in Qatar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, August 27, 2009