We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Augusta...
reviews: 7
Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

This is not a question but some advice!

I just ahd a 7hr layover in Doha on the way from Melbourne to Europe, and took advantage of the free city tour: qatarairways.com/english_global/…

It was great, easy, did not require a visa and was a great way to get outside and get a quick taste of the city!

When you arrive, get off the bus from the plane at the trasfer and departures stop, then go straight ahead after security to a small "tourist" desk, which is effectively under stairs, opposite gate no 5. You can ask there to get on one of their 4 free tours, i think they leave at 8am, 10am, 12pm, and 2pm. The assistant willl help you all the way from there.

It was lovely to see and super easy! you will not be late at all, they are back within 3 hours, easy.

have fun!

27 replies to this topic
Hong Kong
reviews: 11
21. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

If anyone is taking advantage of this free tour in the next few days or week, I would be grateful if you could ask the following questions at the city tour desk:

1) Are passengers arriving into DOH on a different airline but flying out of DOH on Qatar Airways eligible for this free tour?

2) Are passengers with a transit of 21 hours eligible for this free tour (and free visa)?

3) Is it possible to join the tour for the key sights but return to the airport independently (from the bus)?

Thanks!

Kampala, Uganda
reviews: 6
22. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

i recently transited in Doha for 13 hours and was informed at the desk that the tour was only available for people from countries where they could receive a visa on arrival. Better do some research about your country's eligibility before you head there

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 18
23. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

Can i just check if Is it possible to join the tour for the key sights but return to the airport independently (from the bus)?

meaning on paid visa on arrival or even better, on the free visa scheme?

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
reviews: 27
24. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

@ DoDoSG

Not sure but you have to stay with the group if you take free city tour.

Take Care

Beast666

Wilayah...
reviews: 7
25. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

My layover in Doha is 23 hours!! When i called Qatar Airways office, they said i need to get visa on transit to join the free tour. Is this true? because when i see Beast post, we don't need visa to join the tour. Please help.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
reviews: 27
26. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

@yuni2507

As local adviser I have not joined the free tour but it has been reported in link below, item 23 on page three. Indonesian passport holder has reported that he was allowed to join tour regardless of the fact that Indonesian passport holders are not entitled for visa on arrival.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294008-i3511-k725…

Take Care

Beast666

Margate South Africa
27. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

Flew through Doha in August and September and did not need to take advantage of this tour as we were offered free accommodation in Doha on both our stopovers as they were about 20 hours. Was very impressed. Even though we do not qualify for visa on arrival we were provided with free visas, transport into town and back as well as the free hotel with all meals included. Thank you Qatar!!!

Reply to: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted