We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Husband stuck in doha and is bored!

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 5
Husband stuck in doha and is bored!

Hope someone can help. My husband is currently staying in the radisson Blu in Doha and is claiming he is bored. He states it is in the middle of nowhere and there is nothing to do but that's not true am I right?

I looked on the hotel website and is it really half a mile from the centre of doha? If so how does he go about getting from the hotel to town and back. Silly man won't ask the hotel!

Also are there any supermarket type places to get water/fizzy juice and snack type things without paying hotel mini bar prices.

Thank you from a very annoyed wife who is fed up suggesting the swimming pool and gym as something to do :)

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
reviews: 31
1. Re: Husband stuck in doha and is bored!

Are you kidding me.....Radisson Blue is in middle of the city.

Walking distance from hotel is KFC, TGIF, Burger King, PIzza Hut, Arby's, Panderossa Steak House, chillis, popeye, Crep Away, jimmy rockets list goes on

Two minutes away is a small mall called "the center" its has a very nice supermarket - Mega Mart.

Taxis are readily available from road outside hotel.

Doha, Qatar
2. Re: Husband stuck in doha and is bored!

The Radisson Blu is in the center of town! What's he talking about?

If he walked outside the hotel, he would find restaurants, cafes, shops etc. Like, he just literally needs to walk outside of the hotel and its right there on that street. There is a variety of fast food places, coffee shops, a french restaurant, Korean restaurant, Lebanese restaurant, sandwich place, steakhouse. Its all there!

In addition, he can take a taxi or shuttle bus to West Bay and the Corniche. There he will find museums, traditional Arabic markets, shopping malls, a really gorgeous waterfront, parks, restaurants.

He could also go to The Pearl where he will find a really nice Marina and lots of nice restaurants and cafes by the water. Really nice to sit in the evening.

If he walks less than a block from the hotel, he will come across The Center which has a big grocery store stocking food from the US, UK, Europe, Australia and of course, local items. He could also walk a few blocks in any direction and come across a corner store.

Really, everything in Doha is 10 minutes away. He just needs to be bothered!

So no offence to your husband, but I honestly can't believe he is sitting in the middle of town and complaining of boredom. Has he even seen any of the sights? Here is a list of places:

1) Corniche (waterfront)

2) Museum of Islamic Art

3) Villaggio Mall (Venice themed shopping center with gondola rides!)

4) Mathaf Arab Museum of Modern Art

5) Beaches galore

6) City Centre Mall

7) The Pearl

8) Katara Cultural Village

9) Aspire Park

10) Desert Safari

11) Dhow Ride in the bay

Ask the hotel! They will arrange everything for him!

Lancs
reviews: 6
3. Re: Husband stuck in doha and is bored!

I can fully understand your husbands boredom. We were there for 2 nights and thank god it was only two nights. There really is nothing there! Like you said the swimming pool and the gym - whoa, the excitement is too much!

4. Re: Husband stuck in doha and is bored!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, December 14, 2013