We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Moto GP in april 2013, some practical questions

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Traversetolo, Italy
Visiting Moto GP in april 2013, some practical questions

1. Is there a shuttle bus to and from the losail circuit during the GP?

If not what would be the best mode of transport?

2. Would 2 days extra be enough to visit the main attractions in Doha?

3. Are there a lot of activity/events in Doha because of the GP?

Thanks in advance for any info. There is very little info to be found even on motogp websites, not many European race fans visit this event, but I really want to see the only moto GP night race.

Doha, Qatar
1. Re: Visiting Moto GP in april 2013, some practical questions

1) Not sure. Depends on the hotel. If not, the hotel can arrange cheap taxis. I'm sure they have some mode of transport organized.

2) Taxis or buses.

3) 2 days is plenty.

4) I guess. Living here is different than visiting. Even during big events you carry on with business as usual and don't pay attention. There will definitely be lots of "hubub" about it, meaning excitement and talk about it. There is always activity going on in Doha, so you'll find something to do.

Wales
2. Re: Visiting Moto GP in april 2013, some practical questions

I want to get my partner some tickets for moto gp 2013 we live in Wales,which race would b best to get tickets for if he is going on his bike?

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Qatar
reviews: 25
3. Re: Visiting Moto GP in april 2013, some practical questions

@jdavies97 - coming on his bike? best race will probably be race 1 2014...

this year the race was held on easter weekend and there was a definate lack of spectators!

there is very little local media publicity of events so many come and go with the average resident blisfully unaware that the have even taken place until a report appears in the newspapers showing the results!

a couple of days will suffice to see the local points of interest

Wales
4. Re: Visiting Moto GP in april 2013, some practical questions

What about Catalunia june or Germany July?

Barcelona, Spain
5. Re: Visiting Moto GP in april 2013, some practical questions

Most of the hotels provide shuttle service to the circuit and to hotel for free of cost.

Many events will be held during the period, in the souq or may be in the cultural village of Qatar

48 hrs is more than enough.

Don't miss to visit the famous Inland Sea in Qatar

Barcelona, Spain
6. Re: Visiting Moto GP in april 2013, some practical questions

Qatar Inbound Tours organize tours to the Inland Sea of Qatar.

Click inboundtoursqatar.com

Cruze

7. Re: Visiting Moto GP in april 2013, some practical questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 20, 2013