We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Visit during Ramadan do-able?

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle-under-Lyme...
reviews: 17
Overnight Visit during Ramadan do-able?

Got a 9 hours overnight layover in Doha on 13 August. Flight arrives at 23:50 and leaves at 08:55. Wonder if my plan is do-able?

1. Stay at the transit terminal till 4am

2. Take a taxi to the Corniche before sunrise (how much?)

3. Have a Suhoor meal (but where?)

4. Walk along the Corniche during sunrise

5. Take a taxi back to the airport for the next flight (where to hail a taxi?)

Much appreciated guys! :)

ps I am a British passport holder

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
reviews: 27
1. Re: Overnight Visit during Ramadan do-able?

As a bristish passport holder you will qualify for visa on arrival

IDo no stay in terminal till 4 am as suhoor here is around 0345, go straight to Souq Waqif, you can walk and eat there. Suhoor meal you can have at souq as well.

taxi from airport to souq is less than 10$, from souq you can walk to corniche, from corniche back to airport should be around 5$, plenty of taxis on the road in morning so you should be fine.

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Overnight Visit during Ramadan do-able?

Thanks that certainly makes for an interesting layover! Is there anything I have to be aware of while having Suhoor?

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
reviews: 27
3. Re: Overnight Visit during Ramadan do-able?

Nothing specific really, just stop eating immediately when you hear the AZAN (call of prayer), even if you have not finished eating.

4. Re: Overnight Visit during Ramadan do-able?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 22, 2013