We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Airways

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colombo, Sri Lanka
reviews: 83
Qatar Airways

Five Star for Qatar????

Certainly not. We are sitting at the airport for 18 hrs without transit hotel facilities. I on economy and my husband on business. Neither of us received this benefit though they claim to provide so on their web site.

Airlines with much lower ratings provide hotel facilities for passengers with more than 8 hrs transit. How could they do this to their passengers???

They are so in-human.

41 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Qatar Airways

Hi indirakah,

Sorry to hear that you didn't get to use the transit hotel facilities, especially on a very long transit like 18 hours. They do provide the facility but subject to certain terms and conditions and eligibility. Perhaps you can refer to this webpage for more info and check if you and your husband should have been availed with the facility:

qatarairways.com/ae/en/transit-accommodation…

From what I can see, there could be at least 2 possibilities for their refusal:

1. There could be Qatar Airways flights with immediate connection or shorter transit on your date of travel irrespective of fare level or availability;

2. The type and level of airfare of your tickets.

If you however still feel that you have been short-changed with this experience, you may submit a complaint to Qatar Airways via their website at:

www.qatarairways.com/ae/en/tell-us.page

Just choose "Make a Complaint" for the "Nature of Your Enquiry".

Hope the above helps a bit.

Safe travels.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 46
2. Re: Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways is one of the worst Airlines. Never in my life I would fly on it. 5 Star Airline is all a marketing Hype which everyone knows. They are not even close to 1 star. Cabin crew all of them have a serious attitude problem. They have no idea what they are doing. Other than providing cheap airfares, there is nothing special about this airline. I ditched them about 8 years ago. Even if they offer free tickets to me, I would say NO thank you.

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Qatar Airways

Vinesho,

While I understand individual experience may differ, it is generally known that "5 Star Airlines" is not a self-proclaimation by Qatar Airways. It is awarded by the industry, and the 5 Star Airlines status recognizes the airlines as being at the forefront of product and service delivery Quality achievement, and have been awarded after detailed product and service audit analysis by a third independent party.

General review and feedback from most passengers have been either good or great. You can read them more here:

www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/5star.htm

Incidentally Qatar Airways has just been awarded The World's Best Airlines 2011 at Paris Air Show, and that is based on the world’s largest airlines passenger satisfaction survey involving travellers from 160 different countries.

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/

Perhaps if you feel strongly about your bad experience, albeit from 8 years ago, you should write a review there as well.

Doha
4. Re: Qatar Airways

Qatar airways' complaints department is worthless and a waste of time. This airline is NOT a 5 star service !!! Better treatment and a professional service from fly dubai

After nearly 6 weeks of waiting for a response all we got is a poor apology and lies from their cabin services department and booking department - to cover their own backs. The incident on board was horrific involving the supervisor physically pushing me in the seat (even though I was calm and already seated) several complaints were written by surrounding passengers as a result of her physical abuse and rudeness towards me. These complaints including mine were not passed onto the complaints department - what a surprise !!! I contacted Qatar airways again 2 weeks later to finally get a response today that was a half apology for the way I was treated and no further action - as expected no mention of my original written complaint.

Advice - don't fly with them if you want respect and a safe way to travel.

Don't write any comments / complaints as it's a waste of time and thrown away.

Privilege gold card membership worthless !

reviews: 3
5. Re: Qatar Airways

I travelled with Qatar in feb this year and found them excellent and have already booked my next flight with them

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Qatar
reviews: 30
6. Re: Qatar Airways

firstly i am a customer of QR and not an employee! i use them every month for business trips UK - Qatar and fly economy. perfect? no they are not but they do overall seem to be better than most. their members gold card is worth while as it allows many privileges, (free lounge, excess baggage weight, quicker check in, bags first off the plane etc). that alone has taken much of the stress of my regular trips. my business trips have taken me worldwide and i have used such as cathay, singapore, virgin, emirates etc and Qatar do seem to exceed what the others offer.

On the plane: if you have an unresolved problem - ask for the cabin manager, that normally resolves the immediate problems

Complaints: i agree that their response (if you get a reply) is usually poor and i have also addressed emails to Mr Baker (i have his personal email address) without reply!

Overall: not perfect but they do try and if you approach the cabin crew in a friendly manner (i have seen customers click fingers at them!) they do normally respond.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Qatar
7. Re: Qatar Airways

Transit hotel in Doha: many people seem to complain about this, a previous comment went along the lines of 'a long layover as the flight was cheaper' he had the option of 2 hour transit but a 14 hour reduced the cost - should the airline pick up the cost of the hotel when a quicker transfer option was available?

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Qatar
8. Re: Qatar Airways

indirakah: you travel economy, your husband business? he would have been in the business transit lounge at Doha which is like a hotel anyway! perhaps his flight was not so stressful as yours...

Melbourne
reviews: 7
9. Re: Qatar Airways

We are thinking of using Qatar for our flight to the UK next year, we want to stopover in Doha overnight so we can get some rest after the long haul from Melbourne. My question is ... our flight will arrive at 6.10am in Doha, would we be able to check in to a hotel soon after we go through the customs formalities ? or would we have to wait until the afternoon ? We dont really want to sightsee until we have had a rest and freshen up. Any suggestions ?

We dont want to have to pay for 2 nights as we would be checking out early the next morning for our flight onto the UK.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 46
10. Re: Qatar Airways

"would we be able to check in to a hotel soon after we go through the customs formalities ?" : Yes of course.

"or would we have to wait until the afternoon ?" definitely not.

Reply to: Qatar Airways
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted