We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopover at Doha

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amman, Jordan
reviews: 25
Stopover at Doha

Hi,

Anyone knows whether it's possible if I do a day trip in Doha since there will be a 19hr stopover before continuing my flight to Casablanca? I would like to visit Doha city with the 19hrs I have as stopover.

Definitely do not want to be stuck in the airport for 19 hours. Argh the thought is daunting :P

Any suggestions, anyone??

Thanks a lot!

Doha, Qatar
reviews: 1
1. Re: Stopover at Doha

There's not a lot to see in Doha, like in Dubai. But I would recommend doing some shopping in Villagio Mall and maybe have a walk around the Old Souk in the late afternoon/early evening....

Mumbai (Bombay...
2. Re: Stopover at Doha

Hey

I wonder if you have already passed doha.

But if you haven't then this might be helpful. :)

I agree with citychica.. souqs is a good visit. you get nice deals on watches in here. if you are into buying branded swis watches then something like Tissot will cost you lesser than anywhere else. and its arnd 30-40% cheaper as there is no TAX here. apart from that there are lot of other stuffs like dry fruits and spices.

The visit to corniche in day time before 4pm is nice. thats the time the water looks beautiful. you can sit on the restaurant "Balhambar" on corniche and smoke Seesha endlessly.

Villagio is a nice mall.. but i wont go there for shopping though.. the interiors are worth a look. more than villagio i would recommend the sports city build near to it. looks amazing in night.

given the fact that you have 19 hrs, you might want to squeeze in a 4 hour desert safari if you have never done it before and skip one of the above. this is must do if you hvnt done it.

Amman, Jordan
3. Re: Stopover at Doha

Thank you everyone for your useful tips! You know, after reading the reviews about Doha airport, I definitely do not want to hang around there for 19 hours!! Hehe...The desert and the souks in Doha ... here I come :)

Amman, Jordan
4. Re: Stopover at Doha

Anybody knows if there's any left luggage facility in Doha Airport? I'll be transiting for 19 hours in Doha and will be going for a day trip. I don't know yet though whether I have to lug my luggage when I arrive Doha airport, or whether Qatar airways will put my luggage on my connecting flight....

5. Re: Stopover at Doha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 18, 2009