We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Airport

Manchester, United...
reviews: 3
New Airport

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on the opening of the new airport, I have seen reports quoting 'early next year' but nothing confirming expected dates, I would be grateful if anyone knows/has read anything more than that.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
reviews: 27
1. Re: New Airport

I don't think anyone is aware of exact date but I can take a guess that it should be ready by Mar-Apr-2014.

Will keep you posted

Take Care

Beast666

Manchester, United...
reviews: 3
2. Re: New Airport

Thanks,

Mark.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Qatar
reviews: 36
3. Re: New Airport

@mark: the new airport is still a long way off. there may be a partial opening (transit only) towards the middle of next year but there have been so many false dates given so far that no one will give a definite answer - they cant, there is still so much construction being undertaken! A good example: In January 2013 the CEO stated that he expected the airport to be fully operational by 2018. In a further statement in May he then made the comment .... expected by 2020!

4. Re: New Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 24, 2014