We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transit visa

england
reviews: 5
transit visa

I have a 2 hour stopover in Muscat in February ,do i need a transit visa? Also on my way back I am doing a stop over for 4 days, can still get a visa on arrival and how much does it cost? I appreciate their are forums on this but I am checking for the latest information. Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 3
1. Re: transit visa

No visa needed for staying in the airport for transfers. If you are a British passport holder, you will get visa on arrival. Check the website for latest info on visa fees etc.

http://www.omanairports.com/visaonarivals.asp

Dubai, United Arab...
2. Re: transit visa

I am on Dubai tourist Visa . Now I want to change my Visa by exit from Dubai To Oman / Musqat, and returning back to Dubai on the same day. What is the procedure to get transit visa or other for this purpose? what fee I have to pay for exit from Dubai to entre Oman/Musqat and then coming back to Dubai?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
3. Re: transit visa

There are 'visa run' flights to neighboring countries, for which you do not need the other country visa. Usually you go by one flight, and return to the same flight - quite often without going to the immigration of the second country. Check with your travel agent, they will advise you of all charges. However make sure you have the new visa for UAE in hand before you travel back.

Ludwigshafen am...
reviews: 1
4. Re: transit visa

Hi ,

I wish to transit in muscat for 3 to 4 days. I checked the airport authorities website for oman . In there they say that upto 10 days visa can be issued on arrival but the eligibility is A list countries. I travel from germany which is A list country. But I am aindian citizen and i am in germany on atourist visa! So in this case will i get a 10 day visa on arrival? If yes, what documents will i need to present?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 209
5. Re: transit visa

You will not get a 10 day tourist Visa.

The rules are based on your passport nationality not from where you travel.

SS

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
6. Re: transit visa

No matter where you travel from. It is only the Passport that is considered for on arrival visa. You have to obtain Oman visa in advance before you travel.

Dubai, United Arab...
7. Re: transit visa

Hello.. I have a Nigerian passport and was given a 96 hours transit visa, it will expire tomorrow. Is it possible for me to extend it and how can I do that.

If not, if I travel to oman for a day and come back to dubai, will I be able to get another 96 hours in dubai?

I also want to know if I need a visa to go to oman for just a day and where do I get the visa from.?

Hyderabad, India
8. Re: transit visa

i am planning to go to MUNICH in april . so i have 20 hrs transit so can u pls tell me how to get transit visa and how much i need to make the payment for visa . please help me regarding this.

Reply to: transit visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted