We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Beirut_Wine Tasting

Which Beirut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cyprus
Beirut_Wine Tasting

We are planning to go for holidays next week at Beirut.

We really want to go for a half day trip for wine tasting. Are there any places near Beirut which you can visit for this purpose?

Does anyone know about 'Chateau Musar' near Byble and how we can get there?

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
1. Re: Beirut_Wine Tasting

Hi,

For wine tasting tour to the Bekaa Valley please visit www.lebanonroad.blogspot.com/p/trips.html

Thanks

Washington DC...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Beirut_Wine Tasting

I visited the Ksara winery in Zahle last summer and it is an excellent facility with interesting historic cellars and a great tasting room and restuarant

Byblos, Lebanon
reviews: 3
3. Re: Beirut_Wine Tasting

I also recommend Ksara winery. Their tour and facilities are as good as many we have had in Nappa in California or Yarra in Oz or France. The ancient cellars are interesting - actually unique, as they are two kilometres of interconnecting, naturally formed caves and tunnels that are at constant 18 degrees and 80 percent humidity, and you can't ask better for wine maturation. We went with Liba tours who are very good. As our excellent guide, David was known to them we got an extended tasting that ran to twelve wines including four of their premiums and one that had one a gold medal at the wine competition in Paris last month! We went during a trip to Baalbeck which is amazing but I think they also do a whole-day wine valley tour.

Sheffielduk
reviews: 123
4. Re: Beirut_Wine Tasting

Hi

I don't think you'll get a tasting at Chateau Musar without an intro. Chateau Musar is now very top deck and would get overwhelmed by casual callers because of their fame. If you have a wine merchant at home he may be able to introduce you but I would say you'd be made very welcome at Ch Ksara. Easy to combine this with a trip to Baalbek.

Bay Area, CA
reviews: 60
5. Re: Beirut_Wine Tasting

We went to Ksara too, and I have to say I agree with the poster above who says the facility holds it's own with any of the flash international wine destinations. We were very interested to see their wine caves and enjoyed combining the trip with Baalbeck.

Beirut, Lebanon
reviews: 7
6. Re: Beirut_Wine Tasting

One of the Best experiences you can get in Lebanon is Wine Tasting! I'm glad you're into it, cause you'll find exquisite places here :)

You've got to visit Massaya Wine & Arak Restaurant located in Chtaura, here's the link to their fb page: https://www.facebook.com/massaya.lebanon

Also, you can visit Clos St Thomas, also located in Bekaa near Chtaura, they offer premier quality wine (which has one numerous prestigious awards in Bordeaux)- also ask about their Cognac ;)

For more info about customized wine tours, and everything you wanna know from how to get there to their personal contacts, visit the only Lebanese professional wine tasting club, 'Club Grappe' on fb: https:/…133593533371975

Hope all this was helpful :)

Enjoy!

7. Re: Beirut_Wine Tasting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 29, 2012