We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it safe for children?

Texas
is it safe for children?

I will be traveling up there with my children and need to know of any precations? as a women and for children i just need to know what we are getting into ? religion and culture aspects are they really considered as laws ? I will be there for 2 years and all i have heard is negative inputs but need to here from someone already there

kuwait
reviews: 5
1. Re: is it safe for children?

Hi Doza

im living in kuwait. it is a safe country to travel. for adult and children. nothing to worry about at all. have fun in your visit

Regards

chichester U.K.
reviews: 2
2. Re: is it safe for children?

hi there. I was in Kuwait for 4 months working at the palace and found it to be a huge culture shock. And what a wonderfull shock it was. The people are friendly and helpfull, there is plenty to do i.e. shops, dining out, football, beaches(maybe a little hot in th day) Religion plays a massive role in the peoples lives but as long as one is respectfull then it should not cause you any concern. you may, like me find that the calling to prayer from the mosques to be a special experience. I would return at heartbeat.

Los Angeles
3. Re: is it safe for children?

Hi there! I returned from that sand box last summer, luckily in one piece and kicking, with the desire to never go back. I worked as a teacher and, after one year there, I'd say it was the mistake of my life. I certainly don't have the desire to frighten you, people can have different experiences, but I know for sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way. See Katherine Philips' case. People can look nice at first, but they are awfully hypocritical and since there's no normal social life, their only entertainment is to gossip and dig someone's grave, before they die of boredom. Search for this woman's blog called "Desert Girl on Kuwait" and you will get a glimpse of what that society is all about. As for safety, it depends. I was close to getting killed because of a domestic accident (broken boiler) as they are too lazy to get things in order. I was sick most of the time because of the sandstorms and I was surprised to see that the numerous doctors whom I had encountered had no clue about anatomy and the places of some bodyparts. I was about to be arrested and deported because they made some mistakes regarding my documents. I won't even mention the traffic issue, which is something that you've never experienced in your life. I worked in a private expensive school, where great no. of children were stuffed in small rooms and they were constantly sick. The education is nill. Not to mention the quality of my former colleagues, whose main concern was to go to underground parties and get high on drugs and counterfeited alcohol provided by the rich natives. If there's no way you can go elsewhere, I wish you the best of luck, may God take care of you and hope for the best! I personally wouldn't advise anyone to go there, or to any other Gulf country. But I think Q8 is the lowest from many points of view.

Utah
reviews: 75
4. Re: is it safe for children?

I lived in Kuwait for over a year and I have to say that I never felt threatened in any way. My wife visited for two weeks and we never had any problems. Their alcohol laws are backward and they don't serve food in restaurants during Ramadan but it is a very civilized country. Unless you are specifically working with Kuwaitis most of the people you will see there will be Indian or some other nationality. Kuwaitis are outnumbered 3-1. All the people there treat us very well.

philipines
5. Re: is it safe for children?

i need advise..... actualy i am afraid going there/is there any filipino work already there can answer our question? is it safe to work in kuwait?

Kuwait
reviews: 3
6. Re: is it safe for children?

Dear I_H8_Q8,

I have no idea why did you write all that??!!...the person who asked the question, wants to know if its safe or not ..thats all…..i don’t know but it seems to me that you have some personal problems …..i mean…your personal problems have nothing to do with the question which has been asked….!!!!!!

Regarding the question, I think Kuwait is one of the safest countries in the world…..you just can walk any where in the country any time you want….and if someone thinks that I’m not saying the truth , just let me know which area you can not walk in at what time …and we will go together there at the time (he or she think is dangers to walk) and we will walk there together. How about that 

Best regards

7. Re: is it safe for children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kuwait City