We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Imam Khomeini International Airport

Hong Kong
reviews: 1
Imam Khomeini International Airport

Hi,

is there any public transport to reach central Tehran from Imam Khomeini International Airport except to take a taxi?

If take by taxi, how much will it cost around and duration?

Thanks!!

Tehran
1. Re: Imam Khomeini International Airport

Hey Beckswai,

Yeah, there are lots of taxis to every destination from IK airport, it costs about 300 000 Rials or 30 000 Tomans, and it takes about 30 mins in normal and one hour in rush hours.

Tehran
2. Re: Imam Khomeini International Airport

Hey Beckswai,

Yeah, there are lots of taxis to every destination from IK airport, it costs about 300 000 Rials or 30 000 Tomans, and it takes about 30 mins in normal and one hour in rush hours.

Hong Kong
3. Re: Imam Khomeini International Airport

Thank you, SaeidB.

I will mark it down for my reference in next month trip.

Tehran
4. Re: Imam Khomeini International Airport

But it's good to know there are two kinds of taxis, Toyota Camry and Samand, Toyota s are more expensive than Samand s.

(Samand does the same job anyway!!)

Tehran, Iran
Destination Expert
for Tehran
reviews: 7
5. Re: Imam Khomeini International Airport

Hi Beckswai,

The best way for transportation is Taxi. I takes around 30 minutes (near destinations) to more than one hour (far destinations in Rush hour). The price as Saeed mentioned is around 25-30 USD.

There are also buses available in the airport to Imam Khomeini Shrine Metro station and from there you can continue your trip by metro. In this way your cost decreases to les than 5USD but it takes more time to do that. I am not informed about bus intervals but if I could find more information I will tell you.

Good Luck,

Amir

Tehran, Iran
Destination Expert
for Tehran
reviews: 7
6. Re: Imam Khomeini International Airport

What is more Taxis are facilitated by Taximetere so check that driver turn it on otherwise ask him to do that.

Hong Kong
7. Re: Imam Khomeini International Airport

SaeidB,

Toyota is more expensive? Is it because of it is imported? Thanks for your reminder.

Amir,

Thanks for also advise another bus way to airport. But I think I will not take it unless I have extra time to visit the Holy Shrine of Imam Khomeini.

Tehran
8. Re: Imam Khomeini International Airport

Yess, thats why Toyotas are more expensive, it has more features as well, but Samand is a better choice for a business trip, I think.

usa
reviews: 10
9. Re: Imam Khomeini International Airport

@ Beckswai,

As far as I know, there is not any direct public transport. The best way to reach yourself to Tehran would be taking taxis from Imam Khomeini Int Airport by Toyota taxis or Sir-o-Safar cars. Usually it cost around 300,000 Rials or 30,000 Tomans. It takes around 30 to 45 minutes.

Hong Kong
10. Re: Imam Khomeini International Airport

Kombizz,

Yes, I decide to take taxi go there. Thanks.

Moreover, I will notice brand name of taxi in Iran.