We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

IRAN Breaking News! Coming Soon NO Visa Required! None.

Tehran, Iran
IRAN Breaking News! Coming Soon NO Visa Required! None.

Nationals of ALL but 10 countries will be eligible for airport visa. Many lucky travelers will in fact need no visa (visa-waiver program) at all. These new rules could go into effect in 2-3 months from now!

As for 'Western' nationals, they require no visa to enter Iran if they are perhaps willing to join a tour. if not, they are still eligible for airport visa. All in all, only 10 countries including USA, UK, Pakistan, Aghanistan, Canada? are NOT eligible for airport visa.

There are what Iran VP Ali Najafi was quoted as having said and hence reported by local news agencies. Details are to be worked out though. I will wait to see what (easier) visa rules americans are to be subjected to....because the new Iranian government is interestingly enough very keen on attracting ever more tourists from America! Amir.

Na'in
reviews: 12
1. Re: IRAN Breaking News! Coming Soon NO Visa Required! None.

very good news. thanks Amir

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 68
2. Re: IRAN Breaking News! Coming Soon NO Visa Required! None.

Wow, that would safe a lot of hassle. Will keep a close eye on the progress, thanks for sharing this news!

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 2
3. Re: IRAN Breaking News! Coming Soon NO Visa Required! None.

This is great news! For the past few weeks,my friends and I have been trying without success to find out how to get an Iran tourist visa. Thank you Amir!

Tehran, Iran
4. Re: IRAN Breaking News! Coming Soon NO Visa Required! None.

hi porpore

are u a singapore national?

iran has a special visa agreement with singapore. your visa is either free or u dont need visa at all! do u see what I mean? contact singapore foreign ministry to find out more info on iran visa requirements. if any. good luck.amir.

Edited: 4:27 pm, October 28, 2013
Hong Kong
reviews: 12
5. Re: IRAN Breaking News! Coming Soon NO Visa Required! None.

Great news but ill be starting my trip in late Jan, guess i should play safe :(

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 2
6. Re: IRAN Breaking News! Coming Soon NO Visa Required! None.

Hi Amir,

Yes, we are Singaporeans. Previously, we did not need a visa to enter Iran. The visa requirement is a recent development. We plan to take a 17-day tour package in 2014, but the obtaining of the visa is such a hassle.

7. Re: IRAN Breaking News! Coming Soon NO Visa Required! None.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 31, 2014