We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

5 days in Iran (transport comments needed)

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 26
5 days in Iran (transport comments needed)

Hi~~

I will be in Iran in May for a few days trip only, just want to visit Yazd and Esfahan, so my plan is "buy-time"!

arrived in IKA in 1600, fly domestic to Yazd, spend my 1st 2 to 3 nights there.

go from yazd to esfahan by bus on my 4th day, in day time, like 0900-1500

2 more nights in esfahan and in my last day in Iran, i choose to ride on 0700 bus to IKA to catch my flight in 1600 (shall be in IKA at about 1300), is that possible?

how about my crazy idea?

kuwait
reviews: 5
1. Re: 5 days in Iran (transport comments needed)

First of all, did you check flights to make sure there is a flight available to Yazd? It’s a small town with limited flights per day if there is any. Are you aware that you need to change airport ( IKA To Mehr-Abad) for Domestic flights? so you need to look for flights after 20:00 .

Its matter of personal preferences but I would suggest 2 nights in Yazd and more nights in Esfahan.

Trip from Yazd to Esfahan by buss is reasonable and easy.

If you take the 7:00 buss to Tehran you will be in IKA @ 13:00.

Shiraz, Iran
2. Re: 5 days in Iran (transport comments needed)

Hi kcgotravel

Arrived in IKA in 1600, fly domestic to Yazd, spend my 1st 2 to 3 nights there.

• There is flight from Tehran to Yazd every day in different times and till now all of the seats for May are available. Its rate ,too, is 33 $.

Go from Yazd to Esfahan by bus on my 4th day, in day time, like 0900-1500

• The same as flights there are every days buses in this route and every one hour .Its VIP rate ,too, is about 2 $ .

2 more nights in Esfahan and in my last day in Iran, i choose to ride on 0700 bus to IKA to catch my flight in 1600 (shall be in IKA at about 1300), is that possible?

• Royal Safar in Isfahan has everyday bus to imam airport at 8:00/12:00/18:30/24:00.rate 5 $

Visiting shiraz ,too, is my recommendation.

Hong Kong, China
3. Re: 5 days in Iran (transport comments needed)

Thanks BeHaar and Maryam!

Your feedback are invaluable!

I didn't realise that I need to change from IKA to domestic airport, and it would take me 3-4 hours after landing, so I should give up the Tehran>Yazd flight option. There is a flight at night, but it would be a bit late to arrive in Yazd. Now I would take a sleeper night train, do you have any ticketing ideas? I couldn't load the timetable/price.

I would love to visit Shiraz and many other places, but I only have 5 days. I would take the advice for stay in Yazd for 2 nights, while Esfahan a night longer.

2 more nights in Esfahan and in my last day in Iran, i choose to ride on 0700 bus to IKA to catch my flight in 1600 (shall be in IKA at about 1300), is that possible?

" Royal Safar in Isfahan has everyday bus to imam airport at 8:00/12:00/18:30/24:00.rate 5 $ "

but is it possible to arrive IKA at 1300 if i get on 8:00 bus?

I asked in other threads, they told it is a mid-way on a highway to Tehran, is it a way go to IKA directly from Esfahan? Is it true that it is better for me to go to Tehran first, then to IKA? or I just simply get on a night train and arrive Tehran in the morning?

:D

Hong Kong, China
4. Re: 5 days in Iran (transport comments needed)

some more questions about transportation,

1. bus schedule from esfahan to IKA airport: is it 0800/1200/1830/2400? how long would it take?

I wonder if I could take 0800 bus to catch the 1600 flight (i expect to arrive at IKA at 1300)

2. how about if i take night train from esfahan to tehran? what's the schedule? and at what is arrival time?

Thanks in advance!!

kuwait
reviews: 5
5. Re: 5 days in Iran (transport comments needed)

1. I don’t know the schedule

2. Bus trips between Esfahan and Tehran will take maximum 6 hours. Since IKA is outside Tehran and you don’t have to deal with the city traffic then you will be fine. Make sure that Bus has a stop @ IKA. Don’t worry, just make sure that you discuss your trip with the driver before you get to the bus in Esfahan.

3. I don’t advise train. Buses between Esfahan and Tehran are super easy and convenient.

Turin, Italy
reviews: 136
6. Re: 5 days in Iran (transport comments needed)

hello, later in the conversation, for fevore can you tell me if there is direct bus from IKA to QOM-KASHAN and at what time? I will arrive at 3:30 am to IKA and I'm trying to figure out whether or Terhan be better off going to set me up Terhan tour and leave them at the end,

Hong Kong, China
7. Re: 5 days in Iran (transport comments needed)

hi everyone!

after my short trip quite a long time, it's time to comment on my previous queries.

1. Though I found those timetable in advance, when u checked it on site, u will have something out of our expectation. Luckily, I enjoy planning nothing at all.

At last, my itin became,

Day 1: arrived in IKA, direct to my friend in Tehran, so to pick up my train ticket, domestic tix, guesthouse confirmation and hotel voucher. Then took taxi to train station for night train to Yazd.

Day 2: Arrived Yard at 0330 orz.

Shared taxi to Silk Road Hotel.

Took a nap, and woke up at 0900.

Day 3: Plan changed, I joined a desert tour.

Spent quote a long time on car. Back to guesthouse at about 2200.

Night VIP bus to Esfahan.

Day 4: Arrived Esfahan at 4 orz

Taxi to find a bed.

Woke up at 0900.

Sightseeing

Day 5: Esfahan sightseeing

Domestic flight to Tehran at 2230, but delayed for 2 hours.

Checked in hotel at 0130

Day 6: Tehran

A glimpse of the city

Headed to IKA after lunch

That's my journey!

8. Re: 5 days in Iran (transport comments needed)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 07, 2014