We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night layover in Manama?

Which Manama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
FL
reviews: 34
Late night layover in Manama?

My question is similar to others in terms of considering leaving the airport during a layover- we will arrive at 11:30 Pm and our flight out leaves at 10 Am the next day. I'd like to go out and explore, but I am wondering if things will be open at that time. Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 144
1. Re: Late night layover in Manama?

I'd book a hotel in town and get up early, 6 AM or so; after B'fast this still leaves you a few hours before needing to be back at airport at 9 AM. E.g. the soukhs are open _very_ early, from dusk, and wonderful to explore when it's cooler.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

London, United...
reviews: 39
2. Re: Late night layover in Manama?

Those hours are tricky. You'll finally get out of the airport about 12.30. Get to a hotel and crash out. You'll have to be back at the airport at 9am latest. I don't think any souks or malls will be open that early.

I'd advise that you negotiate with a taxi and just get a tour around Bahrain for a couple of hours and then get him or her (i actually flagged down a cab in Manama and the driver was a woman) to drop you at the airport by 9am. At least you'll have had a chance to see the island. You won't miss much in terms of shopping.

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
3. Re: Late night layover in Manama?

Hi,

Actually, you will have little else to do but sleep during the hours you mentioned. If you stay at an International hotel you'll probably find a bar open. I would also recommend staying at a hotel near the airport if you have to be there by 9 am due to the possibility of heavy traffic. Bear in mind that the weekend in Bahrain falls on a Friday and Saturday.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 27
4. Re: Late night layover in Manama?

What day of the week you be landing? Customs most likely be fast, is not a huge airport, quite modern thought.

5. Re: Late night layover in Manama?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, January 14, 2013