We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahrain Tourist Visa

Which Manama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
Bahrain Tourist Visa

Could anyone inform me why the hotels/tourist agencies,etc... don't process and sponsor tourist visa for nationals that require pre-arranged visas. All the hotels etc... only seem to process business visas. Does the Kingdom only want tourists from those countries that can obtain visa on arrivals, as they are not making it easy for the other countries to obtain tourist visas. They mention on their websites that hotels/airlines/tourist agencies can sponsor one for a visa, but in reality none of them provide this service for tourist. The embassies don't issue visas, so that is a dead end too. Any alternative ways of securing a tourist visa,if one does not knowing a local sponsor?

Manama, Bahrain
reviews: 14
11. Re: Bahrain Tourist Visa

This is truly sad. I won't even comment on some of these issues, because it's not a matter of policy, but rather poor planning. You close one door, but open up two other doors.

I do hope something changes in this regard. It's very new to me (I'm no Visa expert). However, I would encourage you to inquire again around the time the F1 arrives as some may have suggested.

Apologies once again on behalf of the illogical visa requirements agency down here in Bahrain.

Geneva, Switzerland
12. Re: Bahrain Tourist Visa

They indeed opened up 2 doors:

1 - only wanting citizens from western nations to visit there, and

2 - encouraging the prostitutes from the former soviet bloc to apply their trade...

Entry barred to the rest of us that are not going on business, don't have any relatives working there or not knowing any local.

No offense Isoo, but perhaps our countries should apply the same treatment to Bahraini citizens - visa reciprocity - make them jump through all the hoops too.

13. Re: Bahrain Tourist Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, September 15, 2009