We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with Itenerary for one day in Tel Aviv

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ridgefield, New...
Need help with Itenerary for one day in Tel Aviv

Hello guys i will be coming to Israel at the end of March. I will be coming Thursday afternoon and want to know if you know if the flea market in Old Jaffa is open, I read that it opens late Thursday nights. My other question is i only have one day to explore Tel Aviv as Im going to Jerusalem and nazareth on the other days. Can you help me organize the order i should do this. These are the places i would like to visit: Old Jaffa, Neve Tzedek, Port Area, Nahalat Binyamin St, Dizengoff st, Yemenite Quarter, Sheinken st, Rothschild Blvd and Drummers beach with I read it has like a party to go into Shabbat. I'm staying at the Sheraton Tel Aviv and I will do this on a Friday. I would not mind doing some of this on a bicycle. Also any other area you can recommend. we are a young couple and don't really like museums.Thank you all for your help.

4 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 101
1. Re: Need help with Itenerary for one day in Tel Aviv

The Carmel Market as well as Nahalat Benyamin are open on Friday. The Jaffa Flea Market is open during daylught hours. Keep in mind that Friday us a short business day and most shops close by 2 or the lastest 4 in the Sheinken and other areas. There are bicycle rental stations throughout the city so you can go from place to place without worry if locking the bike(just return it).

Chana

Israel

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 76
2. Re: Need help with Itenerary for one day in Tel Aviv

For a quick overview of Tel Aviv in a short time you could always do the Dan Panoramic bus tour. It does finish early on a Friday but it might be worthwhile you checking out.

www.dan.co.il/english/template/default.asp…

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
3. Re: Need help with Itenerary for one day in Tel Aviv

Friday is a short day and it will be very difficult to fit everything in. Start off early in the morning in Jaffa: visit the flea market, the Visitors Center and walk down to the port. Take a taxi to the entrance to the Carmel & Nahlat Binyamin markets (Allenby & King George). Explore both markets, then walk south on Allenby to Rothschild Blvd. You can do a self-tour with the information on this site:

http://www.white-city.co.il/english/index.htm

Walk back to Allenby via Mazeh, Yavne and Montefiore (more interesting architecture):

http://tinyurl.com/otwurdh

Walk west on Lilienblum into Neve Zedek. Go down Shabazi street to "Hatachana":

http://tinyurl.com/q6th2ry

This should take up most of the day. Go to the Tel-Aviv Port area for dinner.

Ridgefield, New...
4. Re: Need help with Itenerary for one day in Tel Aviv

Thank you guys for all your help. Thank you mbgg your links and order are very helpful.

Reply to: Need help with Itenerary for one day in Tel Aviv
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted