We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 54
Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

I am going to rent a car for part of my Tel Aviv/Jerusalem trip in February. I originally was going to rent at the airport upon arrival and have the car for my entire 6 day trip, but I am now going to take a train to Tel Aviv and then a taxi to my hotel and a few days after arrival, I am going to rent from the Eldan office in Tel Aviv near the US Embassy and then return the car at the airport when I depart a few days later. Any issues with the Tel Aviv Eldan office that I should know about?

20 replies to this topic
Middleton, Wisconsin
11. Re: Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

Ok, good to hear. The reservation seems pretty apples-to-apples. I used the Avis Israel site and not Avis.com to make it as sure as possible.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
12. Re: Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

Look at both reservations and make sure they included the insurance you want. If unsure, contact them. If the reservation itself doesn't say it, then it may not be there.

Also, with Eldan, watch their prices. If it goes down--sent the reservation back (via the link when you click on the reservation from the confirmation they emailed you) and tell them it is now $X and you want that price. They will re-issue the reservation. I do not know if Avis does this!

Middleton, Wisconsin
13. Re: Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

Ok, I will definitely keep an eye out on the prices. as of right now my reservations are as follows:

ELDAN:

Rental Date 07/02/2014 08:30 114 Hyarkon St. Tel Aviv 03-5271166/7

Return Date 10/02/2014 20:00 Ben Gurion Airport 03-9773400

Total Days 4.00

Currency USD

Rental rate 148.50

20.00% discount -29.70

Insurance (C.D.W. and L.D.W.) $52.00

Airport Service 28.00

Total 198.80

AVIS:

Rental Price: $64.00

Coverage price: $84.00

Coverage: Coverage against damage from an accident and / or theft

Airport Fee: $29.00

Total Price: $177.00

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
14. Re: Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

I just went to Avis and duplicated your rental. BTW Avis only includes 250KM per day, but especially considering your last day is a "mini" day, it should be more than sufficient. Go with Avis.

Middleton, Wisconsin
15. Re: Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

Ok, Avis it is! :)

Moscow, Russia
16. Re: Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

Got a dissapointing experience with rental: we've rented a diesel car that turned out be a gas one. We've got a double price in total after fueling full tank. Eldan refused to negotiate and told us that there was a client error though they've made a "diesel" mark on the documents.

Very sad.

Moscow, Russia
17. Re: Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

And by the way, they hold a tremendous amount of money on the card, more that $1000.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
18. Re: Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

I do not understand what you mean by you got a double price total after fueling tank. In terms of not getting the diesel you wanted, I can understand your disappointment BUT every class gives an example of a vehicle and then says, 'or similar"

Regarding your $1000 hold. Cars in Israel are expensive. They gave you a vehicle that cost $30-40 thousand dollars or more. A 1,000 hold is not a lot . While I realize a small hold would have been less damaging to your credit card, they want funds to repair damage if you wipe our your card.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 1
19. Re: Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

We had a great experience with Eldan in Tel Aviv. The only part that didn't match our expectations was that we got a new car, not a scratch or a ding on it. Shocking.

Edited: 8:02 pm, July 06, 2014
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
20. Re: Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv

BeyondBaedeker--I hope you left at least one or two scratches. After all someone has to start it on its way to being a REAL Israeli rental vehicle.

Seriously though, summer is usually a great time to end up with new cars. That seems to be when they buy the most.

Reply to: Eldan Rent-a-Car in Tel Aviv
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted