We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delray Beach...
Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

All suggestions appreciated.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 37
1. Re: Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

Check with your hotel, they might have daily services. I found two that are near more or less to the Hilton. One on 237 Dizengoff and another at hotel Dvora, 87 Ben Yehuda.

israel
Destination Expert
2. Re: Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

I found another one on Ben Yehuda 159 This one is closer to your hotel.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 40
3. Re: Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

Shoshi,

Are those synagogues Ashkenazi?

Delray Beach...
4. Re: Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

Todah Rabah Shosi.

israel
Destination Expert
5. Re: Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

All are Ashkenazy. If I remember well 'nusach spharad" is Ashenazy and "nusach hasepharadim" is not. There are many other traditions too.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 32
6. Re: Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

Totally beyond the range of topics on this forum -but Nusach sphard is not Ashkenazi - it is something that exists in Israel, but rarely outside of Israel.

For someone coming from the US - it will not be easy to find a traditional Nusach Ashkenaz - at best you will find Nusach Achid or Spharad - if you need more explanations, please PM me as this is really beyond the scope of the forum.

israel
Destination Expert
7. Re: Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

Ben Yehuda 159 IS ashkenazy, this is what they claim. As for the explanations - it was important for the OP to clarify. Not going into a debate is another matter, and up to us to refrain from these kind of discussions.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
8. Re: Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

Shoshi--As an American who lives part time in Israel, I will go into synagogues with Israeli friends who tell me that their shul is Ashkenazy--BUT it is NOT the same as what I doven in the US. The differences are not great and the OP will manage, but the differences are there. My Anglo shul in Netanya dovens the same way as my shul in NY. ( but Israeli style they duchan every Shabbat)

BTW I see no problem with these discussions. We are not passing judgement, we are answering a question and providing details. It is no different than any other type of question where there is aback and forth with clarification being provided.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 76
9. Re: Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

I find it really interesting. I know little about these things and it's always good to learn how other people do things. :)

But I do have to use a dictionary (or Google) to understand some of the words you use. ;)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
10. Re: Ashkenazi shul close to Hilton Tel Aviv. Suggestions?

Heather--sorry,

A shul is a synagogue

doven is to pray

duchan--is when the Kohanim ( the priests) come to the front of the synagogue and bless the congregation. In Israel this is done very Sabbath and on holiday. Outside of Israel it is only done on certain holidays.

any further questions--send me a PM--