We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights Melbourne to Tel Aviv

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 1
Flights Melbourne to Tel Aviv

Hi guys,

I am going to Tel Aviv in early December for a wedding. We'll probably spend about a week there and my partner also wants to spend some in another city to relax and unwind.

Can anyone suggest a destination that wouldn't be too far off course to stopover?

Most flights from melbourne stop in bangkok or the like but would prefer to go somewhere we haven't already been.

Thanks!

Kat

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 70
11. Re: Flights Melbourne to Tel Aviv

The most logical option (to avoid an added flight segment via .... wherever) is to fly via Bangkok, Hong Kong, Beijing, Mumbai, Moscow or any other city from which you can connect directly to El Al (or another airline if you feel ok with them) to Tel Aviv.

Avoid taking 3 flights.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 101
12. Re: Flights Melbourne to Tel Aviv

Israel is a very calm country with everyone going about their business similar to in Australia. Not sure what chaos your partner is referring to because there is none here right now.

Keep in mind that flying from Melbourne to Israel in any case will be three flights so you can choose if to stay in the Far East or perhaps fly to South Africa and directly to Israel (requires purchasing two round trip tickets). Since Israel like all of Europe is in the Northern Hemisphere, and you are coming in winter, it will not be warm anywhere in the Mediterranean basin if you were thinking of a beach holiday. If temperature is not an issue I would go to Northern Italy, Rome or Crete which are fairly close to Israel (but most likely require purchasing a package out/in of Israel) with direct flights from here.

You need to decide where you want to go, check if there are flights from Australia to that destination and from there to Israel. If not, you will need to purchase an additional ticket which will add quite a sum on the already expensive ticket from your home town.

Chana

Israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 20
13. Re: Flights Melbourne to Tel Aviv

There are no cruises with Israel as the point of origin any time of year.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 101
14. Re: Flights Melbourne to Tel Aviv

MSC and Costa have cruises departing from Haifa and returning to Haifa. As well as Mano which is a local cruise line. Check with your travel agent to see if there are any sailings in December keeping in mind that this is off season as far as cruises go in the Med.

Chana

Israel

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 76
15. Re: Flights Melbourne to Tel Aviv

<<<<Keep in mind that flying from Melbourne to Israel in any case will be three flights>>>>

I am sorry but flights from Melbourne to Tel Aviv do not have to be three flights. The cheapest are two flights. I have literally just (yesterday) had a quote done for our trip next year, and the cheapest way to Israel is from Melbourne to Bangkok by Thai Airlines, and from Bangkok to Tel Aviv with El Al. The price for our quote for March 2014 is $1760 AUD per person plus taxes of $166.48 (total of $1926.48 AUD per person based on cash price)

I gather El Al have an arrangement with Thai airlines over this flight and it is a regular route that flies most days each week. This is the same route we flew last time we went to Israel. That route is good because it leaves Melbourne at 3:15 in the afternoon (Melbourne time) , and arrives at Tel Aviv at 6:40 am (Israel time) the next morning.

There are other routes - some go via France, others via Istanbul, but the price goes up quite fairly quickly on some of the other routes.

I think it is better for the OP to talk to a local travel agent to see the options - the deals we get for travel here can be different from the options we see online - though it is helpful to compare it with options at some of the websites that try to locate the best deals for you.

I have a feeling that the most economical option which would add the least amount to the cost would be to take a route which goes via France, or Istanbul, and if necessary take a side trip booked separately to go to a country Kathryn hasn't been to.

Alternatively - why not stay in Israel and go down to Eilat?

16. Re: Flights Melbourne to Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 13, 2014