We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el al question--business class

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boca raton, fl
reviews: 17
el al question--business class

Hi! So I'm booked on El Al business class, but in row 80 going to Israel from Newark, and row 79 returning (there is no 80 on that flight). Do you know if these last rows in upstairs business class recline? I read somewhere that 80 does not. Is that true? Thanks...

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 33
1. Re: el al question--business class

Obviously, the best source of information should be El Al themselves.

I just did a quick check on Seat Guru - it shows a row 79 but doesn't show any configuration with a row 80.

There is no indication that row 79 has any drawbacks.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 1
2. Re: el al question--business class

I recommend you to ask at an expert EL-AL flyers forum - go to www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al-matmid-610/

boca raton, fl
3. Re: el al question--business class

Thank you. I checked seat guru and a couple of other sites and also saw only going up to 79, but on el als site they show a row 80 and it is the last row in business class but says nothing about not reclining. I called el al and they didn't see anything about it not reclining. However, on one of those airline talk website, where people post info, someone said row 80 doesn't recline. I'd love to hear from anyone who knows for sure. Thanks again

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
4. Re: el al question--business class

Okay--Row 80!! There is one 747 that El Al purchased used from Singapore Air! It has slightly different seats and a slightly different configuration. One difference is that where the 2nd bathroom is on the El Al configured planes, is row 80 ( on one side only) The row, as far as I know reclines just as much as every other row. I am sitting in row 79 on May 8 TLV to JFK ( even though at this moment i am in NYC) I can report back after I return. Ask on flyertalk.com It is, IMO one of the best sites with the most knowledgeable passengers.

BTW you can ask at the airport if there are other seats. Some seats are always saved for high level matmid people and if they aren't flying--they'll open the seats up.

boca raton, fl
5. Re: el al question--business class

Thank you. I've called the airline again and they said they have nothing saying there's a problem with the seat. The lady was actually nice and said she'd do more digging for me and call me back tomorrow!!! I have 2 kids sitting in that row, so it had better recline! LOL!!!

If you had to choose between the last row upstairs or a middle row of business downstairs, which would you choose? I'm in big trouble if that row doesn't recline!!! Would you trust the lady on the phone??

Oh, I posted of the Flyer talk site...forgot what it's called. Don't know if I did it properly, but hopefully I'll get some responses..

Thanks again.

Edited: 9:33 pm, April 09, 2013
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
6. Re: el al question--business class

If there are 3 of you traveling I would choose a 3 across middle row downstairs. This way you are all together and only climbing over each other . Upstairs the odd man out ( you I guess) will either be at a window ( having to climb over someone) or on the aisle ( my choice) Depending upon how short you are you will touch or be touched when you are on the aisle. There is no room for anyone to walk around you. ( as an Orthodox women I can't climb over anyone, I'd have to raise my skirt too high)--if you wear pants--position is your choice!

boca raton, fl
7. Re: el al question--business class

My 18 yr old will actually be at the window seat on her own, and she's a sleeper. My 13 yr old will have the other window and I'll be with her. They both want windows, so middle is def out. Pants for all three of us anyway...

So would you choose upstairs last rows or downstairs but not last rows??

Thank you.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
8. Re: el al question--business class

Stay upstairs, usually quieter, more private and decent service.

BTW I do not remember when you are going but if it is a flight with business people expect them not to be talkative and not to be happy if you are talking across them during the "night" time. ( lights will be dimmed)

9. Re: el al question--business class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 11, 2014