We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby food

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alblasserdam, The...
Baby food

Hello everyone,

We are going to Tel Aviv coming 15th of April.

We have a daughter of 11 months, there are days that she dont want to eat fresh food but only jarred food.

Im sure that there will be babyfood in Tel Aviv as well, but im not sure what and where i can buy.

We mostly buy food with rice or pasta here, because she had some problems with potatoes.

Its going well, now but we are used to Olvarit.

What brand shall i buy in tel Aviv?

We also had problems with baby milk, but I think she will drink all now. What would u suggest? Take the milk from here or buy in Tel Aviv?

I hope someone can give me some answers.

greetings

Samantha

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 37
1. Re: Baby food

Please give some more details on what you need. Do you need baby food that is made of pasta and rice, or she eats pata and rice? And what brand of baby-milk you use? We have 3 brands here, one is Similac but I am not familiar with the subject. I can try to find out if you can give more details.

israel
Destination Expert
2. Re: Baby food

I googled Olvarit and I found out that Nutrilon is one of their products (or this is what I got). Nutrilon is available in Israel, try the pharmacies like Super-pharm or New-pharm. I guess this is what you call "baby-milk".

Jerusalem, Israel
reviews: 4
3. Re: Baby food

Hi,

As a father of 7, I have had some experience with this (though not as much as my wife).

I find that when travelling a baby senses that everything around them is different and this can be upsetting to them. Anything that you can do to keep their routine the same will make it easier for them (ie for you ;) ). So I would suggest bringing a few cans of the formula that she is used to. Babies use their bottle of formula/milk as a comforting mechanism its usually not great to change that when there are so many other things changing.

You can get several brands of formula in any supermarket or pharmacy. They also have many kinds of baby food as well as cereal based on rice, wheat, buckwheat, oatmeal and more, but the flavorings tend to be very different than in America, but I don't know about the Netherlands. So, if it is not too much to pack you may consider bringing at least a partial supply of what your baby is used to at least for the first few days while she settles in and gets comfortable in her new surroundings.

Enjoy your trip!! And don't let the dirty looks from the passengers on the plane get to you! Babies have a right to fly like everyone else.

Alblasserdam, The...
4. Re: Baby food

Thank you for your encourage for flying.

If its going ok she can sleep in a baby crib while flying.

For baby milk we use another brand, its called Nestlé. But i planned to take that allready. She had a bad start with baby milk and didnt want to drink it. Now she loves it!

I ment food like Gerber. On some sites i read that u can buy it in Israel. But when i checked there internet site, i didnt see Israel in it.

israel
Destination Expert
5. Re: Baby food

You can get Gerber here. I don't know about Nestle. Nestle sells in Israel via a local company so maybe the product was branded under another name.

Montclair, New...
reviews: 30
6. Re: Baby food

You can find Gerber at any supermarket in israel, though the selection might be considerably smaller than what you're used to. You can definitely find pureed fruit and vegetable, but not so much things like pasta. I'm currently living in the us, and I remember how shocked I was when I first moved here and saw how much shelf space gerber takes here and that you can feed your child an entire meal from a jar... You will not find it in israel.

If you have a very picky eater I do suggest you bring your own food.

7. Re: Baby food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 25, 2014