We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HK
Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

Here is some question i wanna ask for my business trip on the next week

First, (Train)

im goanna work at Keisarya (Caesarea) Pardes Khana, but i have booked my hotel at tel aviv

i planned to travel there by train everyday morning at 7-8 , but how exactly the condition at there from Savidor - Center station ? will the train packed. if yes is that allowed to stand in the train ??

Second, (mobile internet)

my trip last for 10 days, i would like to have the mobile internet on my phone. is there any good recommendation? or is that any mobile wifi device for rent ?

Thrid, (Moneyyyyyyy)

Im traveling from HK, and so far as i know that there is no direct exchange from HKD to NIS,

so i prepared US Dollar for it, is there any place i can get a better rate for exchange?

And also im arriving at 3 at the morning, is there any money exchange station at the airport already open at that time ?

/ will the taxi at the airport accept US Dollar?

Finally, Just wanna ask is there any Travel information canter at Tel Aviv around Savidor - Center station, Because i just staying at Leonardo City Tower Hotel Tel Aviv.

Thank very much for helping

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
1. Re: Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

To answer some of your questions:

>> planned to travel there by train everyday morning at 7-8 , but how exactly the condition at there from Savidor - Center station ? will the train packed. if yes is that allowed to stand in the train ??<<

You are allowed to stand in the train, no problem. However, since you will be going away from Tel Aviv at a time when most people are travelling towards Tel Aviv, the trains are not likely to be full.

>>And also im arriving at 3 at the morning, is there any money exchange station at the airport already open at that time ?<<

Yes. You'll be surprised how busy the airport is at 3 a.m. Everything will be open then. So you won't need to use dollars for the taxi (the driver might accept them but at a very bad rate).

>>Finally, Just wanna ask is there any Travel information canter at Tel Aviv around Savidor - Center station,<<

There is a train information centre in the station, but not a tourist information centre.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
2. Re: Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

Ask for a reserved seat when you buy your train ticket. It costs only an additional 5 NIS.

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 42
3. Re: Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

Second, (mobile internet)

my trip last for 10 days, i would like to have the mobile internet on my phone. is there any good recommendation? or is that any mobile wifi device for rent ?

There are many places with WIFI, including the train, but for real connectivity, you can buy a prepaid Israeli SIM card or rent an Israeli phone for your visit.

Thrid, (Moneyyyyyyy)

Im traveling from HK, and so far as i know that there is no direct exchange from HKD to NIS,

so i prepared US Dollar for it, is there any place i can get a better rate for exchange?

Money changing shops (simply known as "change") in Tel Aviv will generally give you a better rate than the airport or banks. If you're exchanging more than ~1000USD you can try to negotiate a better rate than is being advertised in the shop.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
4. Re: Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

Maybe it is just me, but I find no need to pay for reserved train seats and then have to worry about getting in the car that has them. As Ahuffaluff said, the train is not going to be crowded, you are going opposite most people.

There is a tourist information center in the baggage arrival section of the airport. I think it is open when the airport is open. Your hotel should also have tourist information and pamphlets

Do you know how you are getting from the train station to the actual job site?

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
5. Re: Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

Buy a reserved seat on the first day if you are worried. If you see that the train is relatively empty, then don't buy a reserved seat on the following days.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 37
6. Re: Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

rdglady - he can walk from his hotel to the train station. Its about 5 minutes.

Its a pity you already have US$ as you could use here the ATM machines and get a better rate.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
7. Re: Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

Shoshi--I know he can walk from his hotel to the train. I asked about the train to his JOB SITE. That is somewhere in "Caesarea Pardes Khana" which doesn't totally make sense since they are NOT the same place!

Israel
8. Re: Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

Hello Issac,

regarding the money issue... while it's true that there are no direct exchange from HKD bills to NIS bills, you might still avoid the double commission when changing to USD or Euro. In order to do that you will have to own a credit card...

here how it's being done:

1. own a foreign currency account at your bank

2. buy NIS to your bank account (as much as you need, most banks allow to buy any currency that way)

3. link your credit card to your foreign currency account.

4. use local Israeli ATM to get NIS bills.

since you have already bought NIS to your account there will be no commissions. the money you will spend in Israel in local currency will be taken from your foreign currency account.

pros:

1. you pay commission for changing currency only once and you know the rate of the exchange - no surprises there.

2. you don't have to change your money to a 3rd currency like USD or EURO.

3. you can sell the NIS you have left in your account back to your local currency when you are back home.

cons:

1.sometimes it won't be cheaper... you will have to check carefully the rates with your bank.

2.in some banks you pay commission for owning a foreign currency account.

3.you will probably pay commission for using ATM in Israel (but if you planned to use it anyway than it's not a con)

at the end, as i mentioned above you need to check if it's cheaper than the regular way to exchange money... I implement this idea every time I travel. so far i had no problems and it always was better than changing money twice (to USD/Euro and then to local currency).

Edited: 9:45 am, April 08, 2013
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
9. Re: Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

The train station is called "Caesarea - Pardes Hanna" and it is located in the Caesarea Industrial Park:

http://goo.gl/maps/vUfZm

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
10. Re: Some Qusetion for teaveling in Israel (Train, internet, $ )

See Issac's earlier thread relating to the precise location in Caesarea-Pardess Hanna that he is going to:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293984-i3332-k625…

Just as a point of information, the station has that name because of some dispute involving the two local council areas involved, both of which claimed the station to be in "their" territory, so the station was given both names.