We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Herod's Tel Aviv or Sheraton?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Needham...
Herod's Tel Aviv or Sheraton?

I'm trying to decide between these two hotels...does anyone have any feedback regarding which one would be better for a family of four with 2 teenage boys. Is one in a better location? Which one has a better pool area and a nicer beach? We will have just spent 2 weeks traveling around Israel so aside from the Palmach Museum and Jaffa we are pretty much looking forward to relaxing and people watching.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 104
1. Re: Herod's Tel Aviv or Sheraton?

Herod's has suites which would give you more room. Sheraton is nice but rooms are small. They are really close to one another so location isn't really an issue.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 112
2. Re: Herod's Tel Aviv or Sheraton?

Sheraton is a bit nicer, Herods has small rooms but also several family rooms that sleep two adults and two children. As mentioned location wise either is suitable.

Chana

Israel

Needham...
3. Re: Herod's Tel Aviv or Sheraton?

Thanks for the feedback. We have to reserve 2 double rooms at either hotel, the family rooms at the Herod will not accommodate us with older kids. The Sheraton is about $80 per room per night more expensive which really adds up as we will be staying 3 nights...I'm willing to spend it if the Sheraton is really worth it. Based on your comments I think I'd be happy with either one.

Thanks again for the help!

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
4. Re: Herod's Tel Aviv or Sheraton?

I was at Herods in November , I think it would be fine for you. The price point is right. Herods had some minor issues , but I think you will like it AND the breakfast was great.

Edited: 11:25 am, April 04, 2013
Needham...
5. Re: Herod's Tel Aviv or Sheraton?

Thanks Jer914...I have 2 boys so breakfast is important!

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
6. Re: Herod's Tel Aviv or Sheraton?

Have a great time , and keep us up to date

Edited: 3:43 pm, April 04, 2013
7. Re: Herod's Tel Aviv or Sheraton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 06, 2014