We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 29
Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

I'm looking at vacation rentals for our family (five people) coming in late June/early July and this agency -- stayatmyplace.co.il/apartments.php… some interesting apartments to rent. None of them seem to have reviews (unlike many TripAdvisor vacation rentals, which I'm also reviewing), so I'm curious if anyone has rented from this agency and what your experience was like. Thanks.

10 replies to this topic
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 33
1. Re: Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

I don't know this agency but their list is long and impressive. Select the place you would like to book and post the address here for our comments. Some of the apartments are on very noisy streets.

2. Re: Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

We are looking at two apartments, one at Nehemia 17 and one at Shalom Aleichem 10. Both look very nice on the inside and both are quite near the beach. Any pros and cons based on the location? I think both are on one-way streets so I'm hoping that street noise wouldn't be a big deal, but I welcome any thoughts on that. Thanks.

israel
Destination Expert
3. Re: Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

Nehemia 17 is near the sea, but this is not a beach for swimming. It is near a noisy street but not on it. It is also near the Carmel market and if you are staying for several days and would like to eat in it can be fine. There is a big bus station near too so it is easy for traveling. Otherwise it is not in walking distance to attrations. It is a bit "out of town" as most houses there are new and not that many.

Shalom Alechem 10 is near the main beaches, good transport, and "in town", on the "tourist strip". Better for sightseeing. It is between two main streets with lots of traffic and many people going about. I prefer Shalom Alechem 10. Lets see what others have to say.

4. Re: Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

Thanks for your message. I'm puzzled, though--when I use the "street view" in Google maps, it looks like there are plenty of people sitting on the beach near Nehemia, and it's just a short distance from Banana Beach. Is there something wring with that part of the beach so that you don't recommend it for visitors? Thanks again.

israel
Destination Expert
5. Re: Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

This beach is not an official beach with lifeguards etc... You cannot deny people to go there and even swim. It is their risk. You can swim at the Banana Beach if you like that is north to Nehemia street. I still prefer Shalom Alechem. I live in Tel Aviv, even grew up here which was many, many years ago and I know the city. But you have to make your own decision. Both have pros and cons of course.

6. Re: Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

Shoshi, thanks for the very useful info.

london
reviews: 14
7. Re: Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

Yes, I have. They are excellent.

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 2
8. Re: Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

I had clients at Nahemia 17 - a family with 4 kids

i visited the appartment

it looks very nice

my clients loved it

9. Re: Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

So glad to hear that as we will be there in three weeks! They didn't find it too small for six people?

10. Re: Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, July 28, 2013

Reply to: Has anyone used "Stay at My Place" for vacation rentals?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted