We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel practice in Tel Aviv

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu
Hotel practice in Tel Aviv

My wife and I will be traveling with a tour group to Israel that ends in Tel Aviv. While the tour provides one night stay in TA, we book another night on our own through the hotel website so we can spend more time there. I am quite surprised my credit card was charged right away for that night. I am under the impression we pay when we check out, like what we always do with other hotels in the world on many of our travel. I then emailed the hotel and asked for an acknowledgment that my night has been paid. An email or an invoice marked paid would do. But my email went unanswered and ignored. Is this common practice in Israel that you pay when you make the reservation? I understand that's the case if I book through Hotels.com, but through the hotel own website?

Your comments will be much appreciated.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 41
1. Re: Hotel practice in Tel Aviv

Many hotels do that. Did you read before booking about their policy? I am sure it is writen somewhere that they charge. I know hotels.com do it and I do not book through them but with booking.com

I hope you'll like your say here.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
2. Re: Hotel practice in Tel Aviv

Just an FYI for everyone. If you are planning on extending your stay at the hotel your group used you should first speak to the tour company. They can frequently get you a very good price for the extension.

Honolulu
3. Re: Hotel practice in Tel Aviv

Thank you for your replies, Shoshi and rdglady. I did check with my tour company for the extra night and their price is a lot higher than if I book it on my own. But if this is a common practice in Israel, I have no problem paying them in advance. It just never happen to us with other hotels on any of our travel destination.

england
reviews: 1
4. Re: Hotel practice in Tel Aviv

This has just happened to me. I got my credit card statement yesterday, and the hotel Ive booked for a few nights in Tel Aviv (for May this year) has already been charged, but not for the hotels in Ein Bokek and Nazareth. I usually use booking.com

I'll take my statement with me, make sure I;m not charged twice!

Honolulu
5. Re: Hotel practice in Tel Aviv

That is exactly what I will do, take my credit card statement with me.

6. Re: Hotel practice in Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 14, 2014