We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Tel Aviv hotel for my trip ?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Which Tel Aviv hotel for my trip ?

We are planning a 7 night trip at the end of April, for some R&R and top up our tan. We have decided on Tel Aviv as we also have family nearby.

We are not interested in an active nightlife, although we will want to go out to eat every night and would prefer to walk than be taking taxis. For these purposes a 15 - 20 min walk is no problem.

Generally we prefer a good pool to a beach, unless the beach is really well organised and managed and have good loungers and very good shade options. Are there any beaches like that ?

I have spent a couple of night at the David Intercon, so am familiar with its amenities, location and its pros and cons.

Neve Tzedek seemed to offer a range of fairly interesting eating places, but I am not sure how these compare with the beach / marina offerings. Is late April still too early to dine outside in the evening ?

Assuming cost is not an object, is there anywhere more suitable than the Intercon to stay ?

I saw from the Hilton website that it was undergoing some maintenance that should be finished by the time of our visit. Will it be a better option ?

Any thoughts gratefully received.

If anyone has any restaurant recommendations that they want to throw in, please do feel free !

Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
13,777 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Which Tel Aviv hotel for my trip ?

The Crown Plaza has a covered pool. The beach is fine and you can get a chair and shade to be comfortable. The hotels on the "tourist strip" are better for beach going.

We dine out almost yearound and of course we do so now. I just did that for lunch today. Good restaurants are all over town, some in Neve Zedek, some on Rotschild, many on Ha'Arbaa street and Ibn Gvirol. See the TOP QUESTIONS on the right side of this page too. There are very few near the Marina. The one I like (very much so) is Rafael.

2. Re: Which Tel Aviv hotel for my trip ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 13, 2014