We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
reviews: 44
Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

My flight timing has changed (Easyjet have moved from Term1 to Term3 and changed all their timings). I am now arriving at 19.30 on Monday 29th April (can't wait). There will be 2 of us and we had intended to take the train and then bus to our hotel (Beachfront on the corner of Allenby St) but as it's late and we will be hungry, I am considering taking a taxi from the airport. The other option is to take the train and then taxi to our hotel. We are travelling carry on - standard carry on wheelie case each.

1. Will it be a lot more expensive for 2 of us to taxi from the airport rather than take the train and then take a taxi to our hotel?

2. Would the train be quicker? I am thinking traffic here.

3. Can anyone suggest an Israeli restaurant for our first night close to The Beachfront hotel ie. within a 15 min walk?

I have read somewhere (possibly here) about Cafe Metzada which, on the map looks close but I can't find out much about it and the menu is in Hebrew. I am concerned it might be American and as It will be my sister's first trip to Israel I want to introduce her to Israeli cuisine. Any other suggestion very much appreciated.

Thank you

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 4
11. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Thank you ! Very much appreciated !!

ny
reviews: 3
12. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Dose a hotel in Tel Aviv (Tal Hotel) to the a/p cost 138 as well?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
13. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Yes, from anywhere in Tel Aviv will be the same fare.

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 80
14. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Correction to above commenter - many taxis in Israel now accept credit cards.

In answer to your tipping question - it is not customary to tip taxis in Israel, although the driver won't be insulted if you do. You certainly DO NOT need to add 10% or 15% or even 5%. If the cost is 98 shekels and you say "keep the change" from a 100 shekel note, that's fine. If the cost is 101 shekels and you give 101, that's fine too.

ALWAYS ask for a receipt from the meter. It has the driver's name, details, car registration - if you have forgotten anything or have had a problem.

Hradec Kralove, CZ
reviews: 18
15. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

There will be 5 of us traveling together from TLV to Tel Aviv. Do I have to take 2 separate cars or are there also minivans available among taxis at TLV airport?

Does the fare change in any way? Thank you.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
16. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

There are large taxis available at the airport. The dispatcher will call one for you if there isn't one immediately available.

There is a small surcharge for more than two people, but five people in a big taxi will work out much cheaper than two separate taxis.

17. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 30, 2014