We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
reviews: 39
Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

My flight timing has changed (Easyjet have moved from Term1 to Term3 and changed all their timings). I am now arriving at 19.30 on Monday 29th April (can't wait). There will be 2 of us and we had intended to take the train and then bus to our hotel (Beachfront on the corner of Allenby St) but as it's late and we will be hungry, I am considering taking a taxi from the airport. The other option is to take the train and then taxi to our hotel. We are travelling carry on - standard carry on wheelie case each.

1. Will it be a lot more expensive for 2 of us to taxi from the airport rather than take the train and then take a taxi to our hotel?

2. Would the train be quicker? I am thinking traffic here.

3. Can anyone suggest an Israeli restaurant for our first night close to The Beachfront hotel ie. within a 15 min walk?

I have read somewhere (possibly here) about Cafe Metzada which, on the map looks close but I can't find out much about it and the menu is in Hebrew. I am concerned it might be American and as It will be my sister's first trip to Israel I want to introduce her to Israeli cuisine. Any other suggestion very much appreciated.

Thank you

16 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 31
1. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Taxi fare from the airport to Tel Aviv (doesn't matter which terminal) is 138 NIS as long as you start your ride before.21:00.

It will be more than a train + taxi, but probably not all that much more and I would think worth it at the end of a long day of travels.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
2. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Israel is a country of immigrants and as such it's cuisine represents the country's people come from. What do you consider to be Israeli cuisine?

Belfast, United...
3. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Thank you Oreets, taxi it is.

rdglady, that is a very good question and I really don't know. I suppose something that is Jewish with an Arab influence, food that uses the ingredients available that grow in a warm dry climate . Basically not an American, Italian or French restaurant etc. I know about Falafel and Humus but we will save that for lunch time.

We both love fish

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 1
4. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

1. It would be more expensive. Taxi fare from Ben Gurion int'l to Tel Aviv is 138 NIS. If you take the train it's 15 NIS to Tel Aviv and then around 50 NIS local taxi to your hotel. All in all, it would be 35 NIS total per person, much cheaper than 70 NIS per person if you take a special taxi from the airport.

Train schedule here: http://www.rail.co.il/EN/Pages/Homepage.aspx

2. There wouldn't be heavy traffic at this time.

3. Cafe Metzada is nice. Most restaurants have English menus. You also have Aroma cafe ( www.aromatlv.com/sitefiles/2/4113/28884.asp ) and Yotvata cafe:

MAP - click:

http://goo.gl/maps/BkE51

(A) - the edge of Allenby street near the beach. There's a lovely fountain there, and the Opera tower. Inside the tower (on the first floor) there's Aroma cafe.

(B) - Yotvata cafe

(C) - More restaurants

(D) - Cafe Metzada

Edited: 11:42 am, March 10, 2013
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
5. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

If your flight arrives at 7:30 PM you will probably arrive at your hotel after 9 PM. I also recommend that you take a taxi if you want to go out for a bite.

The restaurants recommended above are a bit touristy and western. I recommend that you look in the Yemenite Quarter (Kerem Ha'Taimanim) which is not far from your hotel.

http://goo.gl/maps/ZOjlR

Walk east on Allenby to Ha'Kovshim, south on Hakovshim for a few blocks - the Kerem is the neighbourhood to the left. You could try "Maganda" on Rabbi Meir St .

http://goo.gl/maps/YL7Hg

or any of the small local eateries in the neighbourhood. You can also look on Allenby towards the Carmel market.

Edited: 12:25 pm, March 10, 2013
Belfast, United...
6. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Thank you Amos, I know it is double the price each but 35NIS is about £7 each which is within budget. I normally travel solo and this holiday is working out so cheap with shared accommodation we can afford the luxury of door to door.

I know the lovely fountain and have been to an Aroma cafe and the coffee was great but it is a bit too Starbucks or Cafe Nero for a first night evening meal.

Yotvata gets awful reviews on tripadvisor

Might stick with Cafe Metzada. I had intended taking her to La Mer and watching the sun go down sitting on the beach but we will be arriving too late for that.

I loved the atmosphere at La Mer, When I was there last July the majority of the people were young and I was the single old granny but I loved it. Would it be too cold to sit on the beach 29th April about 9pm?

Belfast, United...
7. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Thank you mbgg, Maganda looks good do we need to book for a Monday night? I also like the idea of finding somewhere on impulse does this area have lots of restaurants and can you just walk in?

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
8. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Maganda is a somewhat touristy "authentic" Yemenite restaurant, but the food is quite good and it is open until midnight ! There are a lot of smaller Yemenite restaurants in the Kerem but I think that most of them will be closed by that hour. I don't know whether you have to book on a Monday - it is a very large restaurant.

There are a lot of small restaurants of all styles and ethnicities along Ben-Yehuda or Allenby towards the Carmel Market. Walking around depends on what time you arrive at your hotel. In general, the further you go from the beach, the more the restaurants will be frequented by locals and not by tourists.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 4
9. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

Hello..could you be more specific on the rate for mid day travel from Ben Gurion to Tel Aviv Sheraton

Base Rate ? Surcharges ?

Is it customary to tip ?

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 82
10. Re: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv

The price is as stated 138 shekels assuming you are not arriving on a Saturday. This is a flat fare to Tel Aviv from the airport to your hotel. There is a small charge for luggage of 3-5 shekels a piece. Your total cost should come in around 150 shekels. It is not customary to tip taxi drivers in Israel.

When you get the taxi from the official taxi stand, the dispatcher gives you the price and a receipt showing what you pay the driver at your destination. Only take a taxi from the official stand.

You have to pay in cash, in shekels. You can get some shekels at the ATM at the airport on arrival.

Reply to: Approx. taxi fare from Ben Gurion Terminal 3 to Tel Aviv
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted