We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 10
Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

I'm looking for some advice as to whether it is preferrable to stay in the Marina area or near Neve Tzedek

The hotels which we are looking at are Herods and the Dan Panorama, although no final choice has been made so I am open to suggestions.

We would like the hotel to have a pool.

Any feedback is much appreciated

Many thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 82
1. Re: Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

Each has its pluses and minuses. If you are beach people, then staying right on the beach at Herods is great. If you like the easy walk to cultural sites,the Carmel market, restaurants and the nightlife in HaTachana (and it is still less than 10 minutes to walk to the beach) then the Dan Panorama is your choice.

I have stayed at the Dan Panorama and the hotel next to Herods. Both locations are terrific for different reasons. You really can't go wrong.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 10
2. Re: Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

Thanks anmejoshme

Can you give an idea of distance from Herods to Yaffo, carmel market ? We are only in Tel Aviv for 3 nights and then come back again for another 2 after a trip down to Eilat.

Both times in Tel Aviv will be over Yom Tov so I'm not quite sure how we'll spend that time- maybe walk to Yaffo and surrounds (although I'm trying to ascertain what will be open over yom tov) and maybe we'll just relax around the pool and possibly the beach.

What is the basic room like at Dan Panorama? I know the deluxe at herods haven't been renovated and the executive rooms have been recommended.

Also, do you know the position of Sea Executive Suites in relation to these 2 hotels? Would it be about midway between them?

Thanks again

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 68
3. Re: Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

There are no hotels with a pool in Neve Zedek as far as I understand.

I agree that both areas are great.

Chana

Israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
4. Re: Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

It's probably a leisurely 30-minute walk along the seaside promenade from Herod's to Old Yafo. From the Dan Panorama it would be ten minutes.

The Dan Panorama is located five minute walk from Carmel Market. Herod's is located about 25-minute walk from there.

Tel Aviv is an overwhelmingly secular city. Nearly all restaurants and places of entertainment will be open on "Yom Tov" (I assume you are referring to Passover in this case.) Public transportation, however, does not run on holidays.

If the beach is important to you, stay at Herod's.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 9
5. Re: Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

Note that the sherut (shared taxis) lines in the city run on the holiday: the #4 on Allenby and Ben-Yehuda, #5 on Dizengoff, #66 on Dizengoff to north Tel-Aviv, Ramat-Gan & Petach Tikva, etc, etc. Herods is better located if you want to use a sherut to get around the city.

Edited: 2:15 am, March 06, 2013
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 33
6. Re: Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

Sea Executive Suites is midway, on the sea promenade like Herods. You cross the street to go to the beach. Check if the rooms there are bigger than those of the other hotels. Try to get a room with sea view. Dan Panorama is not in Neve Zedek but across the sea (not a swimming beach) and about 10 minutes walk from Neve Zedek. The main drawback is that there is nothing of interest next to it. Its in an area of office buildings.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 82
7. Re: Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

The Dan Panorama does not feel like it is in an area of office buildings though there are some around. It is next door to another major hotel, across the street from a park, you can see the ocean, and HaTachana and Neve Tzedek are literally a five minute walk out the back door. I am not promoting it, just saying that in the 2 times I have stayed there in the past 8 months, I never felt like we were away from anything or far from tourists spots and did feel I was staying at the beach though not right on it.

It comes down to whether the beach is the highlight of the trip or cultural activites.

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 19
8. Re: Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

Just making things clear -

From Dan Panorama to your favourite spot on the sand you'd probably have to walk no more than 4 minutes. Unless you're the perfect beach bum (which, by the sound of it, you aren't), then you should not factor the distance to the beach into your decision. I would, however, point out that the Herods is in a more touristy-in-a-bad-way area, while the proximity of the Dan to downtown areas that are popular among locals (Carmel market, Rothschild and Neve Tzedek) places it in a touristy-in-a-good-way area. Getting from either hotel to Jaffa would take only a few minutes by taxi - make sure you pay what the meter says and don't accept a fixed price for the ride.

Enjoy your stay!

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

Hi Chen,

Could I ask what you mean when you say

"Herods is in a more touristy-in-a-bad-way area"

Thank you

10. Re: Which is a better area - Marina or Neve Tzedek?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 11, 2014