We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time!

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
First time!

we will arrive at 3.30am in Ben Gurion airport (flight from Switzerland), do you know how long will it take to go trough security?

is it a ''usual'' request not to get the Israeli visa on the passport?

thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,005 posts
45 reviews
21. Re: First time!

March 25th is the eve of Passover. Public transportation and almost everything else will function like a Friday. Yes, train service and all public transport will end early because of the holiday.

I hope that you have already arranged for hotel rooms for your trip as this is a very busy time of the year with many people coming to Israel for the holiday.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
22. Re: First time!

yes, all accommodations are already arranged :o) and hopefully we will get out of the country before it start being too crowed.

just a few details still pending, how to get from here to there and so on!

thank you very much Oreets for your accuracy and availability, this forum saved me a lot of time!

what about taxi, are they affordable in both Jerusalem and Tel Aviv?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,005 posts
45 reviews
23. Re: First time!

Taxis are affordable - make sure the driver uses the meter and you will guaranteed of the official rate. Also - it is not customary to tip taxis in Israel.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
24. Re: First time!

we would like to have a Shabbat dinner with a family in Jerusalem. It seems it is a real nice experience and should not leave the country without having done it :o)

do you have any trusted website where it`s possible to book those kind of dinner? I found two websites but so far no reply... wondering if we will never get one!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
25. Re: First time!

Was this one of the sites you tried? It was recommended here recently:

http://shabbatofalifetime.com/

I know no more about it than what it says on the website.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
26. Re: First time!

yes, this was one of the site... and it seems they are fully booked! any other idea/suggestion?

many thanks

27. Re: First time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 15, 2014