We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time!

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Hague, The...
reviews: 19
First time!

we will arrive at 3.30am in Ben Gurion airport (flight from Switzerland), do you know how long will it take to go trough security?

is it a ''usual'' request not to get the Israeli visa on the passport?

thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 31
21. Re: First time!

March 25th is the eve of Passover. Public transportation and almost everything else will function like a Friday. Yes, train service and all public transport will end early because of the holiday.

I hope that you have already arranged for hotel rooms for your trip as this is a very busy time of the year with many people coming to Israel for the holiday.

The Hague, The...
22. Re: First time!

yes, all accommodations are already arranged :o) and hopefully we will get out of the country before it start being too crowed.

just a few details still pending, how to get from here to there and so on!

thank you very much Oreets for your accuracy and availability, this forum saved me a lot of time!

what about taxi, are they affordable in both Jerusalem and Tel Aviv?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 31
23. Re: First time!

Taxis are affordable - make sure the driver uses the meter and you will guaranteed of the official rate. Also - it is not customary to tip taxis in Israel.

The Hague, The...
24. Re: First time!

we would like to have a Shabbat dinner with a family in Jerusalem. It seems it is a real nice experience and should not leave the country without having done it :o)

do you have any trusted website where it`s possible to book those kind of dinner? I found two websites but so far no reply... wondering if we will never get one!

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Israel
25. Re: First time!

Was this one of the sites you tried? It was recommended here recently:

http://shabbatofalifetime.com/

I know no more about it than what it says on the website.

The Hague, The...
26. Re: First time!

yes, this was one of the site... and it seems they are fully booked! any other idea/suggestion?

many thanks

27. Re: First time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 15, 2014