We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi ride to airport?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento, CA
reviews: 15
Cost of taxi ride to airport?

Hi, Finishing my wonderful tour of Israel and was just informed that the Tel Aviv Airport is quite far from Tel Aviv. Can you tell me about how much a taxi will be from City Hotel on Mapu Street to the Tel Aviv Airport? Want to make sure I have enough Shekels for this. We have lots of luggage so public transportation is not an option. Thanks!!

66 replies to this topic
11. Re: Cost of taxi ride to airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, November 16, 2012

12. Re: Cost of taxi ride to airport?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

13. Re: Cost of taxi ride to airport?

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
14. Re: Cost of taxi ride to airport?

Nobody here knows everything and all of us "experts" are constantly correcting each other. Mazda: if you wanto to contribute to this forum, why don't you call Hadar and get the correct info - instead of posting pointless comments on cooking.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 87
15. Re: Cost of taxi ride to airport?

I took the taxi to and from the airport in June. We got Hadar from the airport to Tel Aviv and it cost us about 130 shekels with 3 suitcases. On the way back to the airport Hadar charged under 100 shekels.

Freeland, Washington
16. Re: Cost of taxi ride to airport?

Taxi to airport saturday morning!

Anyone know how I can get to the airport on saturday morning @ 4am?

I know it's a crazy hour, being sabbath as well, but that's my flight and I know there are taxis around, but they charge 170NIS so far, and I was hoping somebody wiser and more experience can instruct me on this matter.....so pricey to get to the airport.....thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 32
17. Re: Cost of taxi ride to airport?

Sorry - that is basically what it will cost for a taxi at that hour- and there is no other option.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 93
18. Re: Cost of taxi ride to airport?

From Tel Aviv to the airport on Shabbat there is only a taxi and the fare quoted sounds right.

From Jerusalem there is a shared taxi option (Sherut) which runs 24/7. They pick you up at your location and take you to the airport picking up other passengers along the way. They get everyone to the airport on time. That costs 64NIS per person.

You need to be in Jerusalem to make this work and with a 4am pick up, you will need a place to stay so it probably wouldn't save you much unless you took a hostel room for the night. If this is tomorrow, it is a bit late for that but if it is next week, it might be something to consider.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
19. Re: Cost of taxi ride to airport?

The service Anmejoshme refers to is Nesher. For a Friday night/Saturday morning pickup it must be booked no later than Friday morning. The phone number is (02) 625 7227.

They will pick you up from your accommodation (or other landmark) UNLESS it is in the Old City (where there is no vehicle access) or in parts of East Jerusalem, where they don't go.

You can get to Jerusalem on Friday evening after the buses have stopped running by taking a sherut (24/7, cost is about 35 shekels on Shabbat.

So we are now up to about 100 shekels for the Tel Aviv-Jerusalem sherut plus Nesher. Compare that to 170 shekels for a taxi from Tel Aviv to the airport. Is it really worth all that convoluted running about to save 70 shekels?

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 87
20. Re: Cost of taxi ride to airport?

Actually 170 shekels is not that bad on a saturday morning because the taxi now from the airport is about 150 shekels . AIrport taxis are expensive all over the world.

Reply to: Cost of taxi ride to airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted