We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Hello,

I am a 34-year-old woman and will be travelling in Israel on my own in early December. Since I'll be on my own, I'm open to staying in a hostel as I'd like to have the option to meet other travellers. However, I'd like to find a place where I might find other people who are also in their 30s. If anyone can suggest great hostel or budget-friendly hotel, I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Ann

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 16
11. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Thanks for that clarification Oreets. Now I understand. However, the question was directed to rglady since she used it. I feel pretty certain that Solo Ann has understood my point Even though she might not be included in your definition of 'we'.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 74
12. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

I have stayed in hostels all over Israel from the time I was a teen until now. That would be 37 years of staying in hostels in Israel.....yikes!!! I most often stay in hotels and apartments now but occasionally still do stay in a hostel, including during my trip this coming March. Must say, hostels have improved dramatically since the 70's and even dramatically since the 90's. Older travelers are welcome almost everywhere but I do remember being in my 40's with my 2 kids and possibly being twenty years older than the next nearest person to my age group. It was fine....being polite, the other guests often let me use the shower and bathroom first....age has its advantages :)

Boca Raton, Florida
reviews: 5
13. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Hi Ann, I'm a Jewish American male, 42 y/o also traveling alone to Israel.. I will be there end of November thru Christmas... If you would like to connect and maybe do some companion traveling send me an e-mail... mstrtrdr11@yahoo.com... I also speak hebrew, which definitely helps while traveling there... Bruce..

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
14. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Mazda tours--WE is exactly who Oreet says it is! Why do you not believe her. WE ( those of us who are regulars on the forum) realize and remember what people are posting. You indicated you worked at 1 hostel. So, your experience is based on that one hostel. Mazel Tov!

BTW Solo Ann came looking for information, She is NOT part of the WE who reads the positive reports--otherwise she would not be asking the question. Reread what I wrote and what Oreet wrote. Maybe then you will get it.

Edited: 12:34 pm, November 20, 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 16
15. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Rglady, oreats, Rest assured that I get it. Thanks for your kind clarification and informative comments. Keep up the good work.

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Israel
16. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Ann, it's a long time since I was in my 30s, and here's a report of the hostel in Shlomi, where I stayed two weeks ago. Shlomi isn't on the tourist trail (it's north of Nahariya, just south of the Lebanese border), but the hostel is typical of Hostelling International hostels in Israel.

I had a double room (I travelled alone), with two single beds - widely spaced, fine for two friends but probably not what a honeymoon couple would want (!) - my own toilet and shower, a fridge and coffee-making equipment in the room, a TV, tons of storage space, and a balcony. A huge breakfast is included in the price. As it happened, when I was there there was a large group of middle-aged teachers (I was asked if I was "with the teachers' group"), as well as other guests considerably past the age of 30.

Of course there is no guarantee of who might be staying there tomorrow or next week, or in another hostel.

See here for HI hostels in Israel:

http://www.iyha.org.il/eng/

Oh, and 10% discount with a membership card, which will pay for itself after two nights. Get a Hostelling International membership card in your own country. They are valid worldwide.

17. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:30 am, April 07, 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 12
18. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

I always recommend checking AIRBNB, for Tel Aviv and in general.

it is the best way to know the city and meet the locals, having a homely atmosphere and an affordable stay :)

https://www.airbnb.com/tell-a-friend…

a tip: go only to places with good reviews!

Edited: 3:35 am, April 07, 2013
Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Israel
19. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Alonst, this question was asked several months ago and the OP has been and gone.

Rijswijk, The...
reviews: 63
20. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Hi hello,

I stayed in the Jerusalem Little Hotel, which is very central and it had a nice roofterrace where you can meet with co-travellers. Next door is the Jerusalem hostel, from same owner with a communal lobby and roofterrace. I've been travelling as a single female, with no problem at all. I felt very safe. Have fun!

Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv