We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Hello,

I am a 34-year-old woman and will be travelling in Israel on my own in early December. Since I'll be on my own, I'm open to staying in a hostel as I'd like to have the option to meet other travellers. However, I'd like to find a place where I might find other people who are also in their 30s. If anyone can suggest great hostel or budget-friendly hotel, I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Ann

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 68
1. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Take a look at the Israel Youth Hostel Association website, which offers budget hostel accommodations, in individual rooms or dorm like (in some hostels). We cannot know the age of the guests there, but I can assure you that while there may be Israeli school children, there may be families and individuals such as yourself. They are located all around the country.

In Jerusalem I suggest Abraham Hostel (not part of IYHA) where you will find those with a similar background such as yourself.

If you post your potential itinerary it will be easier to suggest which location the hostel that best suites you.

Chana

Israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
2. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Hello Ann,

How are you?

This is a link to a good site where you can find something that suits you:

http://www.hotels-in-israel.com/telaviv.cfm

I can recommend the Marina Hotel - for its price is not to expensive.

Furthemore, join couchserfing , then you can find more people who come to Tel - Aviv. There are also events, so check it out.

Have a good day

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 33
3. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

In Nazereth check Fauzi Inn www.fauziazarinn.com/langswitch_lang/en/ and in Tiberius check Aviv hotel. These on top of what Chana suggested.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 82
4. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

I would suggest a hostel but for budget friendly hotels I would recommend the City Hotel in Tel Aviv (part of the Atlas chain), and the Montefiore Hotel in Jerusalem. Both are basic 3 star type hotels without all the bells and whistles but are very centrally located and have safe, clean accommodation.

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Hello Ann

We have booked into Beit Ben Yehuda in Jerusalem. They have excellent reviews. http://www.beit-ben-yehuda.org/

The Nesher Sherut from Ben Gurion Airport will drop you at your hotel in Jerusalem.

Otherwise, I can also recommend couchsurfing for free accommodation with interesting and friendly travellers wanting to meet people from around the world. Depending on whether you're on a tight budget or not.

Jerusalem, Israel
6. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

I second the reply about Abraham Hostel in Jerusalem. It is one of the best hostels anywhere!

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 16
7. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

I would also recommend the Abraham Hostel in Jerusalem. Nina Cafe Suites Hotel - Neve Tzedek, , Tel Aviv, if you want to splurge. The Tel Aviv Hostels usually serve a younger clientele. The Bell Hotel in Tel Aviv also has reasonable rooms and a great location. In terms of meeting people your age, you might want to participate in one of the special organized singles day tours available from time to time.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
8. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

WE have reports of people of all ages staying at and enjoying hostels. In fact the first person here to stay at Abraham, I don't remember her age--but it wasn't a twenty-something ( which is how I would classify 'younger clientele" From what I have seen people of all ages stay in the good Israeli Hostels which are NOT set up as traditional hostels. ( except for some of the rooms)

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 16
9. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

Rglady you are falling into the logical fallacy trap, in particular the argumentum ad hominum. If you read my post closely, you will notice that my comments were about Tel Aviv hostels and not Jerusalem hostels. Having worked in one, I noticed that particularly in Tel Aviv the clientele is usually aged 18 to 25. There are obviously exceptions to all generalizations. Who are 'WE' by the way?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 31
10. Re: Single female traveler looking for places to stay in Israel

WE are the people on this forum who have heard a multitude of reports from tourists of all ages who have stayed in all types of hostels, everywhere in Israel.