We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sherut Service from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 45
Sherut Service from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem?

Our trip starts March 17 Saturday!

I did all the research a few months ago, but can't find the *.docx where I put the info!

[1] any recommend sherut service?

[2] expected price from Ben Gurion Airport to Jerusalem?

[3] expected (taxi) price from Tel Aviv to Ben Gurion Airport?

Thanks!!

17 replies to this topic
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
11. Re: Sherut Service from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem?

A private taxi is 257 during the day and 307 at night and on the Sabbath. There will also be a small charge for luggage and for the two additional people. Only you can charge if you want to pay more than the 244 the Nesher sherut will cost.

But, yes, the taxi will accommodate 4 people. 3 in the back and 1 in the front. Many airport taxis have roof racks and if need be, your luggage will be tied to the top of the vehicle.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 23
12. Re: Sherut Service from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem?

Personally, the added convenience of going straight to my hotel (or home, in my case) without having to wait for the minibus to fill up or be at the driver's whim as far as whether he drops us off first or last, far outweighs a few shekels additional cost (and that's just if you are arriving at night - during the day, a private taxi will also be cheaper!).

Drouin
13. Re: Sherut Service from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem?

We will be arriving in Tel Aviv by plane at 4.30pm; how long does it take to get thru customs and find a shuttle bus to Jerusalem. We will be staying in a hotel/apartment in or very close to the German Colony - would this be one of the first stops for the shuttle bus or the last one (I do not know the route these shuttles are likely to take).

Grateful for any thoughts on this matter.

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Israel
14. Re: Sherut Service from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem?

It will probably take something like an hour from plane touchdown to the time you walk out of the airport. If a lot of planes land at the same time there will be long queues at immigration. And it's a big airport, with a lot of walking.

There is no set route for the shuttle; it depends on where any particular car load wants to go. There could perhaps be two vehicles leaving at the same time, one taking passengers to the north of Jerusalem and the other to the south, for convenience. You might be the first to be let off, or the last, or somewhere in the middle. It's not inconceivable that there could - by some fantastic stroke of luck - be a whole car load going to that same area. It's unpredictable!

Drouin
15. Re: Sherut Service from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem?

Thank you for your prompt answer, I do appreciate it, Hopefully passing thru customs is reasonably fast (maybe wishful thinking). Once again, thank you.

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Israel
16. Re: Sherut Service from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem?

Customs is about what goods you are bringing into the country, and normally takes two seconds. You go through the "nothing to declare" channel, assuming you have nothing to declare.

It is immigration that can take a long time as the lines are often slow-moving.

Drouin
17. Re: Sherut Service from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem?

Thank you, I appreciate your advise.

Reply to: Sherut Service from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted